bug out vehicle or foot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get out early and you drive. Get out late and you walk.
So... I plan on driving my soccer mom car (SUV) if I can. BUT if that is not an option then I have not come across any terrain that my Polaris 4 wheeler can't go. If that somehow is not an option then I will plan on just staying at my house untill the rum runs out. Once the rum is all gone then I MAY walk somewhere. Unfortunatly I can not carry everything that I would want to carry and the idea of leaving my home behind is just ludicrus to me so whatever it is that is making me leave will be huge.
Just me two pennies.............CHEERS

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would drive if I had a place to go. This will be my bug out vehicle. May need to get a camo wrap done on it to blend in better. I have never got stuck in it yet and it has been well tested. Room for 9 people and supplies. Really will only need to haul 4 people, so more room for supplies.

i168.photobucket.com_albums_u184_2slowTA_3e01bafa.jpg

That's an old pic, have upgraded it since then, but you get the idea. I am thinking a winch will be a good future upgrade as well.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So... I plan on driving my soccer mom car (SUV) if I can. BUT if that is not an option then I have not come across any terrain that my Polaris 4 wheeler can't go. If that somehow is not an option then I will plan on just staying at my house untill the rum runs out. Once the rum is all gone then I MAY walk somewhere. Unfortunatly I can not carry everything that I would want to carry and the idea of leaving my home behind is just ludicrus to me so whatever it is that is making me leave will be huge.

Yep ...

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

the only place i plan on walking is other peoples houses so I can take their stuff :P

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this all kind of depends on at what point you plan on blazing. I've got a couple options of destination and vehicle would be by far easiest and ally the most gear to come along, not to mention I've got two small children. The flip side to that is that my thoughts on bugging out are pretty much in the case of cities being locked down and roads being blocked, I know every backroad in the county but so does every governing official out their. So your opinion is it worth trying to drive out and sneak around in a vehicle vs hiking out on foot. Foot would be slow but I can stay in the woods the entire time.

Walking would be a last resort. I have too much stuff to take with me. I'd sort your stuff out as priority one and priority two stuff. Priority one has to go with you and the kiddos in the car/truck. Priority two stuff might be able to fit, or if you are able to make a second trip back. A truck or SUV would be better than a car.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting read on "bugging out" called "The Bug Out" by David Crawford (author of "Lights Out").

thought that it would apply to more of us than we care to admit.

I have it in PDF if anyone wants to read it. About 50 pages.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom