Buying used vehicle cash out of state questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you will be flying with a firearm right? Put it in the case with your gun the TSA will track it like it's on fire and when you get there it's waiting and ready.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you find out where he does his banking and meet him there with a cashiers check? I would think you could conclude the deal that way.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I think we figured it out. He will hand over the title sooner if the check is from the bank, and not from me. So he just faxed over the purchase agreement to my loan officer and we're going to close it as a loan. I get the check from the bank and I give it to him Saturday if I like the truck. If not, it's cancelled.

So then I can just go into the bank next week and throw whatever cash down on it I want, and get the balance set up on autodraw for a rate discount.

BTW: main reason I am getting a loan is because I have no debt and no credit cards and therefore my credit score has dropped to 641. :shocked: 640 is the cutoff for a loan. I hate credit scores and how they punish you for living within your means. Other than my mortgage I have only ever had 2 car loans and a loan on a Kubota mower. Paid them all off wayyyy early. Never had a credit card, tho I guess I may have to finally bite the bullet and get one. Building the score up so I can move if I need to. So stupid. The bank likes you more if you're broke, upside down, and missing payments than if you've got 3 bank accounts and no debt.

Plus it'll give me some extra cash to lift & lock this thing. :rubhands:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I think my banker calmed him down. I take him a cashier's check and he mails the title next week. Says he! Lol.

So what the hell are you buying anyway? You find another sweet TACO?
Old man rig. 2 owner 2006 double cab Tundra, 4.7, 4WD, ARE shell, street tires and some hideous geezer running boards I'll be tempted to strip off in a Vato Zone parking lot.

Immediately it gets coilovers and an add-a-leaf (custom leafs eventually...no one stocks them sadly) and some 33" mud terrains. I have a persona to uphold. :D

Few more mods after New Years. Going for clean, mostly stock look. Though I will be breaking out the cutoff wheel and doing a high clearance rear bumper eventually. Copying a guy's off another forum. That dragging bumper/hitch must go.

Long rig, but a new double cab long bed Tacoma is almost exactly the same size. And this thing will be the most comfortable car I've had by far.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I think my banker calmed him down. I take him a cashier's check and he mails the title next week. Says he! Lol

Old man rig. 2 owner 2006 double cab Tundra, 4.7, 4WD, ARE shell, street tires and some hideous geezer running boards I'll be tempted to strip off in a Vato Zone parking lot.

Immediately it gets coilovers and an add-a-leaf (custom leafs eventually...no one stocks them sadly) and some 33" mud terrains. I have a persona to uphold. :D

Few more mods after New Years. Going for clean, mostly stock look. Though I will be breaking out the cutoff wheel and doing a high clearance rear bumper eventually. Copying a guy's off another forum. That dragging bumper/hitch must go.

Long rig, but a new double cab long bed Tacoma is almost exactly the same size. And this thing will be the most comfortable car I've had by far.

I went the same direction from the Taco to the Tundra double cab. The difference in ride is incredible. Love the extra room.
The electronic limited slip is really great and works very well.

Going totally off road in serious mud is not a road I've been down yet with only 13K miles on the tundra. Had total confidence in the taco to get me where I wanted to be. I don't have that some confidence with the Tundra. Maybe time will make a difference, and I'm sure some decent tires would make a difference. The AT's supplied will probably be good in snow, but would suck big time in mud. Can't see where they could clean out enough.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Tacoma was really more capable than I needed 99% of the time. Damn thing was unstoppable and bulletproof for a little IFS truck. I think I will be fine in this Tundra once I ditch the low hanging junk and get some decent tires. Not afraid of some brush pinstriping. :D

And like I say, most places I go off pavement are fairly mild and run by full size rigs.

Yeah, I'm a big mud terrain fan now. Squirrely as hell in rain and ice, but you get used to it. I think I have had 4-5 sets of BFG KM2s. Can't complain. The times you need them are worth the minimal noise and mediocre road manners to me. Plus they always wore well for me and I never punctured one.

Santa Fe-Guadalupe Mts-West Tejas trip in a few weeks. Trial by fire for a 'new' 10 year old truck! Southern Rockies in August 2017 and Big Bend in December. Gotta break it in right. 100k is practically new for a Yota. I had 100k on my 07 Tacoma by 2010.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom