Can I Change My Opinion On Dongs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Badenoff

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I love going to Jerry's. Both Jerry and his son are experienced reloaders, and several times they have spent time helping me diagnose and fix reloading issues. Good prices and good selection too.

Dong's was closed on Dec. 30th. Also the 31st, New Year's Day, and today.

Just taking a long (holiday) weekend, or is something going on?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the old tall bald guy is the owner AND if you would take the time to get to know him you would change your mind! ive been shopping there since my teen years late 70's early 80's when Fong Dong was still alive and there were just trails all through the store because he had so much stuff stacked everywhere. the original old man(fong) used to keep my shot shell reloader tuned up because i was young and couldn't figure it out anyway they put up with a lot of crap from people coming in there and figure they can act however they want. anyway leave the stuff there and shop somewhere else more for me.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the old tall bald guy is the owner AND if you would take the time to get to know him you would change your mind! ive been shopping there since my teen years late 70's early 80's when Fong Dong was still alive and there were just trails all through the store because he had so much stuff stacked everywhere. the original old man(fong) used to keep my shot shell reloader tuned up because i was young and couldn't figure it out anyway they put up with a lot of crap from people coming in there and figure they can act however they want. anyway leave the stuff there and shop somewhere else more for me.
Life is too short to tolerate the give a s*** attitude that guy has. Don’t think the work/time to”get to know him” would be worth that. Too many good people in the gun world to be forced to” get to know” a guy, and for what? No u can have him I’ll take people that wake up every day liking gun owners not someone that could care less

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to “take the time to get to know a guy” when he acts pissed off you walked in his store. I’ve been there quite a few times and spent $100 to $600 each time. I’m not much of a shopper but more of a buyer. The guys attitude is ****. That’s my educated opinion. Others mileage may vary. I’m sure he deals with lots of idiots but I’m also sure he sucks at coping with it.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the years I've shopped with them a few times, mostly because they used to be the only place you could track down old milsurp stuff in town, and their used gun selection was one of the biggest around.

I was never treated rudely when I went, but I've seen other people treated rudely there. For my two cents, they are just more paranoid than the average gun shop, and that paranoia turns into them being rude to customers. It's not the sort of shop where they will give you grief for asking newbie questions, but like one of the other board members said, they are the type of shop that will follow you around the store because they think you might steal from them.

It's not the type of store that's friendly to browsing, they expect people to go in, buy something and leave.

I totally get why they have a bad reputation, and even though I've never been hassled, I've seen or heard of enough people being hassled that I choose to put them at the bottom of my list when it comes to stores that I frequent. I probably won't be back to visit for a while until I get the itch to track down old milsurp stuff again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom