Can I get an extended tube for Western Field / Noble Shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soonere39

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father in law gave me his old (really old ) shotgun thats worth next to nothing, but works OK. It's a Western field 565 b which is the same as a Noble model 65. Noble went out of business in 1971 and made 'store brand' guns for places like Montgomery Ward.

I would like to make this into a basic home defense gun. Clean it up, get an extended magazine tube, an inexpensive light and a butt stock shell holder and call it good. My shotgun experience is limited to shooting, not servicing. I used this gun last year and it works OK although it needs some cleaning and jams up after you put about 20 rounds through it. It won't get me through a zombie apocolypse but it will do for now.

My question is..is it possible to find an extended magazine tube for it? Any chance a remmington part might fit.
UF100787849_L1

Last edited:

Soonere39

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this what the magazine looks like on yours?

picturearchive.gunauction.com_5158125635_10203601_img_1709.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
Yep, thats it. And from looking at it, I don't see a possibility to extend it. Possibly another longer tube might work but doubt it. The more I search on this, the less I can find. I may just clean it up and call it good.
I sort of like the long barrel but if it's going to be for home defense it would make sense to shorten it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, thats it. And from looking at it, I don't see a possibility to extend it. Possibly another longer tube might work but doubt it. The more I search on this, the less I can find. I may just clean it up and call it good.
I sort of like the long barrel but if it's going to be for home defense it would make sense to shorten it.

I agree probably not likely. My guess is the lug on the barrel is silver soldered on, so you can't move it.

I'd either shorten the barrel, or leave that one as is, and buy a Maverick 88 with the 20in barrel and full length mag for cheap.

Like this one:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=354993552

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one I picked up for 60 or so dollars a while back for giggles I home hacked it down to 18 inches and a short stock as a truck gun then sold it to a frenimy I had for 200$ because it was tacticool. Long story short no because of the lug on the barrel it does not have an extended barrel option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom