Carnivore Diet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people are somewhat addicted to glucose, and until they are fat adapted (using fat/ketones for fuel, e.g. in nutritional ketosis) they will lack energy, have poor motivation, and even crave carbs.
I have the most energy and motivation when I'm craving an Empire Slice house fungus among us pizza! Honestly don't think I could do a low carb diet. No carbs is out of the question!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each their own I guess. Not everyone is the same.

My personal preference is not to have metabolic disease issues, so low carb/keto/carnivore it is for me. My issues were high BP, high blood glucose, T2D, stage II CKD and TWO ischemic strokes. My weight has gone down 50 lbs., my BP has gone back down to normal levels, my last A1C was 5.0 (down from 12.1) and no longer T2 diabetic. I still have some kidney damage (stage II CKD), but I don't expect that to repair itself. But it shouldn't get any worse.

I feel crappier after I cheat on carbs. Alcohol is worse so I avoid it now.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To each their own I guess. Not everyone is the same.

My personal preference is not to have metabolic disease issues, so low carb/keto/carnivore it is for me. My issues were high BP, high blood glucose, T2D, stage II CKD and TWO ischemic strokes. My weight has gone down 50 lbs., my BP has gone back down to normal levels, my last A1C was 5.0 (down from 12.1) and no longer T2 diabetic. I still have some kidney damage (stage II CKD), but I don't expect that to repair itself. But it shouldn't get any worse.

I feel crappier after I cheat on carbs. Alcohol is worse so I avoid it now.
Congrats on getting all of that under control - quite the accomplishment!

My post wasn't meant as a dig to anyone on these diets, it's just not for me at this time in my life. yeah, I'm sure cutting back on the carbs some would help me(damn sure wouldn't hurt) but I stay in decent shape and maybe 10 lbs heavier than should be. I could probably do the carnivore diet for a few days but that'd be it before the Mrs tosses me outta the house!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pretty sure I was gonna regret it ... And I do ... But I read the article. What a load of 💩 ... Lol
Me too... but the pressure was just too much to let it go! I do have to say this is about as funny of a comment as I've ran across in the media lately. "“There’s this connection between meat consumption and masculinity,” said Joshua Specht, author of the book Red Meat Republic: A Hoof-to-Table History of How Beef Changed America. “Historically, to be a successful man in America meant eating beef.”" WTF? Really?

All this time everyone thought it was because traditionally men worked and women raised the kids(housewife). If the women had been eating as much red meat, who knows how successful they could be?

@THAT Gurl You feeling more successful than Grumpy when on this diet? LOL!! 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom