Carvana profits more per car than any other dealer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that. However, how big a deal is it to return a vehicle to Carvana AND get your money back?
I’ve only know one person that’s find it, they said it was hassle free.

I personally don’t use them. I would if I were rich just to not deal with car salespeople.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It has always amazed me how many people are willing to spend thousands of dollars extra for '"easy'' and this is just another company that has found a way to capitalize on that.

I have several female relatives that will go to a dealership and pay asking price for a vehicle because they like ''easy'' and none of them are wealthy by any means.

Reminds me of something I observe quite often...''Some people have a lot more money than they have sense''.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has always amazed me how many people are willing to spend thousands of dollars extra for '"easy'' and this is just another company that has found a way to capitalize on that.

I have several female relatives that will go to a dealership and pay asking price for a vehicle because they like ''easy'' and none of them are wealthy by any means.
Why? That’s why restaurants exist, premade foods… the list goes on and on. People will trade money for time and or convenience. I can make my own butter, I don’t want to waste the time going it.

Carvana and all the others are the definition of capitalism. Dong have to buy or sell to them. They are obviously filling a niche.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Why? That’s why restaurants exist, premade foods… the list goes on and on. People will trade money for time and or convenience. I can make my own butter, I don’t want to waste the time going it.

Carvana and all the others are the definition of capitalism. Dong have to buy or sell to them. They are obviously filling a niche.
I'm not talking about a meal or butter, I'm talking about when people ''spend thousands of dollars extra'' on a vehicle purchase.

I guess it's because money has never come easy for me and I've never had a big income, but I just don't get it.

I don't even like to waste money purchasing items at a ''convenience'' store. Heck, just go next door to the Dollar store and get it cheaper. :D

I didn't say there is anything necessarily wrong with Carvana, just that I don't understand why so many people are willing to spend a lot more for a little convenience. Never have, most likely never will.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that. However, how big a deal is it to return a vehicle to Carvana AND get your money back?

I bet it’s really convenient. Especially if a loan was needed to purchases the vehicle.

It’s not your money so you won’t be getting anything back. And most won’t have a second car and won’t be able to buy another vehicle until the money is returned to the lender.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You get all the money back except transport cost. I'd look at the transport cost. Close vehicles are $0 but can be up there. They made a decent offer on a trade I had but the dealer ended up matching them. I've heard they are in financial trouble but the concept is pretty cool.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not talking about a meal or butter, I'm talking about when people ''spend thousands of dollars extra'' on a vehicle purchase.

I guess it's because money has never come easy for me and I've never had a big income, but I just don't get it.

I don't even like to waste money purchasing items at a ''convenience'' store. Heck, just go next door to the Dollar store and get it cheaper. :D

I didn't say there is anything necessarily wrong with Carvana, just that I don't understand why so many people are willing to spend a lot more for a little convenience. Never have, most likely never will.
I have some friends that are poor because they only eat out or “cook” premade stuff. It costs them well more than thousands a year.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have some friends that are poor because they only eat out or “cook” premade stuff. It costs them well more than thousands a year.
Surely not. People are only poor because they are the victims of oppression. It’s just not fair for them to make a monthly budget and eat at home. They are entitled to restaurant meals. The next thing you know you’re gonna expect people to work for money instead of entitlements. You’re a very mean person. 😜

Latest posts

Top Bottom