CB Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use them on my drive through British Columbia and the Yukon. Seems that a lot of those rural areas have zero cell phone service so they still use them a lot up there.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive a truck and there isn't a whole lot of truckers that still use them. Even when they have them they usually aren't on them unless there is a back up on the highway.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, I keep a few on the shelf for that SHTF stuff if that ever happens. They may be very usefulin a sutuation like that. Powered by a solar battery array they would provide a good easy to use mostly short range comm system.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to run one in high school and college ( a decade ago ) I thought they were great until I had it off for a while or had been in a place I hadn't heard it in a while. then it would scare the crap out of me when I got back around some traffic. Also no bueno when you set it on PA to blast outside while you work on fence all day just to forget its set to PA as you drive through the middle of Weatherford around 1AM on a saturday night accidentally letting all the trucker traffic yell at the local cops.

this is Eagle and the frog, flying high and bumpin azz, and I'm out

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have cb radios in 2 of my cars. Plan on getting more vehicles hooked up.
Not much chatter on them at all now days.
Not much range on them compared to other versions of radios, which is one factor that is hurting the cb.

Mr.T. in the General Lee & I'm gone.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At one time I was into the Browning Base with a ping, and a lot of power, but of course no more power than 5 legal watts, at one time I purchased Brownings off E-bay, restored and resold them. Now all I have left is a mobile Browning Brownie, sitting in the electronic closet with my stock of tubes. I moved on to Ham, more power up to 1500 legal watts, clear signal, a range.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had CB in high school and college. Had a license and 5 units. Still have a 40 channel walkie talkie in the closet, but don't use it much. Bought an old ham radio, but never turned it on.

CG Ryder south bound and down

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a base station, 2 mobile, 1 handheld sitting in the closet. Used to be big into it until cell phones came into play. Could easily get 1 or 2 going if needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom