CCW class legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short history. My Sister-In-Law asked my wife if we wlould be interested in a CCW class. I jumped on the opportunity and signed up at Carry Legal. Took the class. Wanted to see Sis-in-law take class as she is a riot and never shot a gun. Found out later, she had taken a class somewhere else. Got her certificate. Mailed in forms. Now, here we go. She said they DID NOT shoot any guns! So, me being me, I opened up the old handbook, and found under 1290.14 para.E "The required firearms safety and training course and tha actual demonstration of competency and qualification...", "...a practice shooting session...", and finally, "Upon successful completion of the training and qualification course...". My question is this, can this be a legal course if there is no shooting of a weapon? Qualification to me means you have demonstrated proper technique while handling AND fireing a weapon. What happens if OSBI finds out that no weapons were fired?

Looking forward to any comments.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it possible she took the Utah class?

If you know for sure it's Oklahoma, where did she take it? (I see no reason not to mention the place.)

Bryan

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible she took the Utah class?

If you know for sure it's Oklahoma, where did she take it? (I see no reason not to mention the place.)

Bryan

A relative in Washington state, paid $50 plus one page filled out appl and got his ccw. No firearms class was necessary. A lot simpler and cheaper there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom