Charleston's in Broken Arrow against Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Speaking of tactical, all of these tactical couch ninjas who have blasted open carry about making people who open carry the first target and such are a bunch people who observe someone doing something different than them selves and there for it is wrong or unnatural.

Here is what I have observed.

1. Most people don't notice it, and I am not loud in appearance or draw attention to myself. I am quite conduct my business and leave.

2. Most folks have commented that they like the law but are to afraid of what others might think about them if they open carried.

3. I grew up where open carry was prominent and a way of life. The nay sayers have a mentality of the earth is flat. You will fall off the edge of the the earth if you sail to far from shore.

4. The nay Sayers want the open carry protections in case their weapon is accidentally seen, but chastise others who would rather wear it open.

5. It has nothing to do with spurs jangling or cowboy attitude. I wear boots, sometimes a cowboy hat, and i just like having my firearm on my side and I am following prescribed law in regards to carry. Sometimes I do carry concealed, sometimes I don't.

6. A right not exercised is a right lost!

Pretty much how I feel about it. Often people don't even notice it. Some say "what if they take your gun". I consider that a threat on my life and then I immediately go for the one I conceal in my pocket on the other side as a backup

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, I just read a couple of pages of this thread.
We were in BA visiting my wife's parents, and they offered to take us to dinner. Ended up going to Charlstons.
Before going in, noticed the no OC sign in the lower right hand corner of the front door.
Didn't think much of it, as I was CC.
Got the prime rib. It was so-so.
No drama getting in or out.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I just read a couple of pages of this thread.
We were in BA visiting my wife's parents, and they offered to take us to dinner. Ended up going to Charlstons.
Before going in, noticed the no OC sign in the lower right hand corner of the front door.
Didn't think much of it, as I was CC.
Got the prime rib. It was so-so.
No drama getting in or out.

The end result was...you would have been able to defend yourself, family, and strangers.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really not going to get all stressed out about a piece of cloth a fraction of an inch thick covering or not covering my gun,and as I said before, I have no interest in open carrying just to see what people's reactions are or for the "Look at me, I have a gun" mentality.

News FLASH! No one out there in public land gives a hoot that some of us OC. They simply don't notice (my bet) or if they do they go about their business just like we do. I OC everywhere and only once since 11/1/2012 has anyone noticed and cared enough to comment and that young lady was just curious. We talked for a bit and when we were done she got the next person in line their prescription. No big deal. No one has ever run in panic, screamed out GUN! Oh my GOD he's got a GUN!, called the cops, dropped dead in fright, confronted me in any manner with an anti-gun agenda, hidden their kids from me etc etc etc.

We OC'rs are not the main attraction like some of you CCW'rs seem to think.

One wonders just what it is about OC that y'all are afraid of or worried about?

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
News FLASH! No one out there in public land gives a hoot that some of us OC. They simply don't notice (my bet) or if they do they go about their business just like we do. I OC everywhere and only once since 11/1/2012 has anyone noticed and cared enough to comment and that young lady was just curious. We talked for a bit and when we were done she got the next person in line their prescription. No big deal. No one has ever run in panic, screamed out GUN! Oh my GOD he's got a GUN!, called the cops, dropped dead in fright, confronted me in any manner with an anti-gun agenda, hidden their kids from me etc etc etc.

We OC'rs are not the main attraction like some of you CCW'rs seem to think.

One wonders just what it is about OC that y'all are afraid of or worried about?

Not afraid or worried about OC.
In this particular thread, however, he was the main attraction at Charleston's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom