CheaperThanDirt.com - pretty disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, the internet has spoiled you guys.
Back in the 80's and 90's you filled out an order form and mailed it or called in an order.
Sat back waited 2-6 weeks and hoped and prayed you got at least 50% of it.
nobody even had a customer service dept.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy, the internet has spoiled you guys.
Back in the 80's and 90's you filled out an order form and mailed it or called in an order.
Sat back waited 2-6 weeks and hoped and prayed you got at least 50% of it.
nobody even had a customer service dept.

Yeah.... oh for the good ol' days. lol

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let ya'll know that CTD made absolutely no response to my last email informing them of this discussion, my experience with them and my intention to shop elsewhere in the future.

None.

Oh well... they've already lost some business I know of directly. Guy I was talking to last night suggested I go there to look for stuff, i told him my experience and he was surprised and said he'd avoid them in the future as well. He's a local officer, so he was a pretty good potential customer, too.

Sad when a company doesn't even give a damn... I guess they figure they make enough money.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to order some Golani magazines from Cheaper than Dirt. The prices on the magazines were ok but I only wanted 3 magazines. Probably weighes 1 to 1.5 pounds maybe. Well shipping would have been over $21.00 bucks. I know online stores can charge what they want for shipping but $21.00 bucks or better to ship 3 plastic magazines from Ft. Worth to Tulsa is over my price range for shipping. I talked to a buddy of mine that ordered 2 boxes of ammo from them about 2 weeks ago and they charged him $12.50, there was no special on shipping for either of us. First, why the price difference and second why so much. I guess I'll wait until my buddy goes down there for his annual business meeting.

*****Update****** Found the same magazines at MidwayUsa and they were about a dollar cheaper and the shipping was $7 bucks. So I guess Cheaper than Dirt isn't as cheap as Midwayusa on this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom