CheaperThanDirt.com - pretty disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, ordered 4 mags back in mid-Dec. Got one in the mail, packing slip said 4, order online and e-mail confirmation said 4.

When I went to the website, there was a special note on the site that said something to the effect of, "If you didn't get all of your order, please wait a few days and see if another shipment shows up."

Well, I waited... sent an email on the 27th, since it'd been 2 weeks and still nothing. They email me back saying they can't ship my mags as they are out of stock. Kinda disappointed it took two weeks and me making an inquiry to find that out. I mean, they've had my money all this time, and it wasn't exactly a priority for them to notify me. Nice.

So I email back and specifically say I don't want a refund, I'd like a credit, or here are 3 or 4 more other similar mags I'd find acceptable, and I would even be willing to pay the difference. But I most definitely don't want a refund... I paid over 2 weeks ago, I want to get some mags!

So I get this back:

Danny,

I refunded you - please allow your bank 3 business days to post the credit to your account.

Wow. Color me underwhelmed for the extra effort. :finger:

So where's the next best place to order some PMAGs?

<edit> BTW, I promised them I would tell all my friends about my wonderful experience with them, so... here it is.

For the record, it's not a huge deal, it's just that they didn't seem to give a damn one way or the other no matter what. Sucky thing is, I'm in the market for quite a few new accessories for my new AR build. Probably from someone else, now. Thanks, CTD.com!

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure where you are located here in oklahoma, but if you are anywhere near OKC there is a place called Outdoor America. They usually have a decent stock on Pmags at a good price. Otherwise I would send my business to Primaryarms.com or Midwayusa.com. Primaryarms is very prompt and very helpful if you have any questions or problems. Hell I usually just call them and place my order on the phone.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with CTD. It's rare that they don't take care of their customers properly, at least I've never had any problems. Midwayusa.com is pretty awesome like some others pointed out. If you just want PMAGs, you can always order them directly from Magpul I think.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done business with Joe Bob's on several occasions this past year, and have nothing but very positive things to say about them. They're up in Kansas, so my items arrive lickety-split.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.botachtactical.com/ was one that was suggested to me when I was looking for 20lr PMAG's.

I've ordered from botach before. It was on an item they said they had in stock. After I ordered they apparently didn't have it in stock. They did get my order to me it just took roughly 4 weeks time. Maybe they have gotten better, but if you are in a hurry for mags I would look elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom