Chris Lane Fund

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: The fund is at almost $48,000 as of now! And that is just the online portion; it doesn't even include the in-person donations and the account at the bank in Ada! Marshal Veal, a former Baseball player himself and team mate of Chris Lane at Redlands Community College is the driving force behind this and should get a huge round of applause. It has gone viral; the online donations just keep pouring in from everywhere even though the goal has clearly been met. The support from OSA has been very much appreciated. Marshal and I spoke at length today; he is in communication with Chris's family in Australia; how the excess money above the initial goal of $15,000 in the fund is utilized will be up to the family's wishes. If they want to set up a scholarship or other charitable type foundation in Chris's name, either here, or in Australia, that is entirely up to them. As I understand from my discussion with Marshall so far, that is the intent at this time. Thanks again for your help to my OSA friends. This is what our community, and Oklahoma is really all about, not the three thug punks that murdered a fine young man in the prime of his life.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: The fund is at almost $48,000 as of now! And that is just the online portion; it doesn't even include the in-person donations and the account at the bank in Ada! Marshal Veal, a former Baseball player himself and team mate of Chris Lane at Redlands Community College is the driving force behind this and should get a huge round of applause. It has gone viral; the online donations just keep pouring in from everywhere even though the goal has clearly been met. The support from OSA has been very much appreciated. Marshal and I spoke at length today; he is in communication with Chris's family in Australia; how the excess money above the initial goal of $15,000 in the fund is utilized will be up to the family's wishes. If they want to set up a scholarship or other charitable type foundation in Chris's name, either here, or in Australia, that is entirely up to them. As I understand from my discussion with Marshall so far, that is the intent at this time. Thanks again for your help to my OSA friends. This is what our community, and Oklahoma is really all about, not the three thug punks that murdered a fine young man in the prime of his life.

In your further discussions with Marshall Veal, please ask him to emphasize to the Lanes about the concern and support shown by the legitmate shooting community in Oklahoma and ask them not to respond to the former Aussie Assistant Prime Minister who has been making anti-gun and anti-US statements.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In your further discussions with Marshall Veal, please ask him to emphasize to the Lanes about the concern and support shown by the legitmate shooting community in Oklahoma and ask them not to respond to the former Aussie Assistant Prime Minister who has been making anti-gun and anti-US statements.

I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. I don't think that would be at all the right thing to do right now. I mean can you imagine this: "Dear Lane Family: We are so sorry for your loss. Signed: Oklahoma Shooters Association"

I just do not feel that it is appropriate to bring any such sort of views to the table at this time; this is not about anti-gun sentiments or how we feel man, it's about the loss of a fine young man and a family's son. But I betcha they won't be coming to Oklahoma to watch any Thunder games anytime soon though.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom