Cold Gun!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Doncha mean a European carryall?

Wrapping it in a sweatshirt isnt gonna keep it warm in the truck after all day. It would be one thing if it generated some heat but since it just absorbs it the sweatshirt isnt gonna do much with this cold. Perhaps a remote starter and keep it by the feet warmers of the truck...Wait til truck is warm before you get in...

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both winter and summer temperature swings cause some concerns (and physical discomfort at times). About all that can be done is to limit the number of degrees of thermometer swing, by available artificial means.

Remember that metal will condense moisture, if its temp is enough different from the air temp, assuming conditions are humid enough. That equals rust; the enemy of all things that go bang.

Even stainless guns will rust, since they are made of 400 series stainless, which will rust, abet not as easily as ordinary carbon steel.

Tupperware guns are not totally immune since these also contain steel, of various configurations.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doncha mean a European carryall?

Wrapping it in a sweatshirt isnt gonna keep it warm in the truck after all day. It would be one thing if it generated some heat but since it just absorbs it the sweatshirt isnt gonna do much with this cold. Perhaps a remote starter and keep it by the feet warmers of the truck...Wait til truck is warm before you get in...

I think it's called a European Shoulder Bag ...

I thought of that but ... I like "man purse" so much better ... :rotflmao:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just pick it up, empty the full magazine of JHP into a neighboring automobile, insert your full backup mag, then holster as usual? Should be good an warm by then. :D

Of course... shooting off a full magazine of man-stopper JHP every afternoon might get a li'l bit 'spensive after a while. ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
is there a reason you cant just carry(wear) it all day? does your job prohibit it?

Lots of jobs do, unfortunately.

Not sure why I decided to go to all the trouble to get my CCW... I'm gonna spend all day every day holstering, tucking, untucking, unholstering, retucking, reuntucking, reholstering, re-retucking, re-reuntucking, reunholstering, re-re-retucking, etc.

You prolly get the picture. I will likely get tired of it in a few weeks and just leave it in my glovebox except on weekends. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom