Colt police psitive grips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsully

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a colt police positive special and i have been looking for some better grips for it. Pachmayr sells a grip that they say is supposed to fit it.It is a D frame,but the pachmayr wont fit ,it has a rounded bottom on the grip but mine is square on the bottom,it tries to fit but my frame at the base sticks out. Anybody had this experience?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a pre-1971 gun which had a larger, longer,grip frame
The only Pachmayr available for it is the cd-s presentation.
Post 1971 guns had a shorter grip frame and the cd-c compact or cd-g gripper will fit those guns.

dsully

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply-the pachmayrs i got say CD-S on the box,but the grip has colt d frame and below it CD then below it small grip molded on the inside,almost fits but the frame pokes out of the bottom of the grip

dsully

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just checked on the pachmayr site and the listing you say is right in line with the catalog listing-the CD-S is shown for the large long butt 1940-71. But my box marked CD-S from my local shop saysits for the short square butt d det spl-police special-cobra-agent-diamondback

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same grip I was looking for last year, even searched Wanamakers show and found basicly nothing, they showed me the Pachmayer grips and they just didn't fit. Ended up with factory grips and was glad I never got rid of them..

Latest posts

Top Bottom