Concealed Carry in Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
why would u want your gun visible in your car or truck anyway? concealed means hidden, if i seen a gun just laying in someones truck i would treat it as a threat and if your not in your truck while its visible your dumb because it gives thieves a reason to break in. so as long as your gun is hidden (concealed) anywhere u want to put it it is fine, just make sure to tell the officer that you have your gun in the truck asap and show them your permit

Are you an LEO? If not, then you're talking out your arse, if you ask me. The bolded statement above is just hyperbole. Any rifle in a rifle rack in some redneck's pickup is a threat to you? I don't think so... you're new here, so I'll just leave it at that.

Good luck, and I hope you learn a lot here... most of us have, those that are willing to learn, anyways.

<edit> Not to mention calling someone else stupid with the myriad grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors in your post doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your opinion. Just sayin'...

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apologies then, my understanding was incorrect. It has been a few years since I asked the OHP about it. Quoted from the SDA:

TITLE 21 § 1289.7. Firearms in vehicles
FIREARMS IN VEHICLES
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For purposes of this section “open” means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle or shotgun concealed behind a seat of the vehicle or within the interior of the vehicle provided the rifle or shotgun is not clip, magazine or chamber loaded. The authority to transport a clip or magazine loaded rifle or shotgun shall be pursuant to Section 1289.13 of this title.
Any person who is the operator of a vehicle or is a passenger in any vehicle wherein another person who is licensed pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 26 of this act, to carry a concealed handgun and is carrying a concealed handgun or has concealed the handgun in such vehicle, shall not be deemed in violation of the provisions of this section provided the licensee is in or near the vehicle.

Does that not mean you can carry open in a vehicle as long as it is unloaded?

That's how I read it. :igetit:

i162.photobucket.com_albums_t245_extremistpullup_IMG_6004.jpg

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you an LEO? If not, then you're talking out your arse, if you ask me. The bolded statement above is just hyperbole. Any rifle in a rifle rack in some redneck's pickup is a threat to you? I don't think so... you're new here, so I'll just leave it at that.

Good luck, and I hope you learn a lot here... most of us have, those that are willing to learn, anyways.

<edit> Not to mention calling someone else stupid with the myriad grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors in your post doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your opinion. Just sayin'...

I think you 2 need to hug it out.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My take!

If an LEO looks inside your car and sees a pistol, it had better be unloaded.

If it is loaded, it had better be concealed. Concealed does not mean visible through a glass window. I mean, would a pistol worn beneath a see-through blouse be concealed? Maybe so, since I'm sure I probably wouldn't notice it. Just sayin'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom