Permitless Carry in a vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think you are odd, not at all.

I think you were terrified in the circumstance you told us about because no one ever calls 911 to say you just made coffee and want to share.

Your entire career was about reaction.

Many of you helped me to realize that you know? I listen when many said I needed to get off the cop hate train.

You guys are just people, benefit of the doubt, because I am certain that with how things are today you don't want to kill a tax payer.

Arguing on the side of the road has the same winner every outcome, no reason to be that guy.

Not terrified at all. Confused and concerned, yes.

Good cops are proactive, too. Where I worked that was important and made up far more of my day-to-day activity than reacting to other things.

This is exactly what I mean when I say if you haven't worn a badge and worked the streets you don't have any idea what it's like to be a cop. Everyone thinks they know. They don't.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why? Seriously why would you not at least attempt to get people around you to know who you are?

It is all about body language too, I pose no threat with my posture, my voice, even my presence.

Cops around here by far and large want armed citizens, they do because we know these streets better than they do in many cases.

Think cops always live around where they patrol? Most don't even live in the same city.

I was told they get calls about me often, and they ignore them, basically because of constitutional carry and because they know my weapon.
In reference to 911 calls, " I was told they get calls about me often . . . ", seems to me that you should probably take that as a negative HINT that some of the things you are doing is not acceptable to those around you despite your personal belief that you're accepted, wanted, and well loved by your neighbors in Del City.

I don't know how things are where you came from but I know where several Midwest City police officers live (including a supervisor) and those places are all in Midwest City. Heck, I even have two officers living in the same apartment complex I live in.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
In reference to 911 calls, " I was told they get calls about me often . . . ", seems to me that you should probably take that as a negative HINT that some of the things you are doing is not acceptable to those around you despite your personal belief that you're accepted, wanted, and well loved by your neighbors in Del City.

I don't know how things are where you came from but I know where several Midwest City police officers live (including a supervisor) and those places are all in Midwest City. Heck, I even have two officers living in the same apartment complex I live in.
Why? Am I doing something illegal?

I know I am not, and when did it become the best idea to just not be an American with rights?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why? Am I doing something illegal?

I know I am not, and when did it become the best idea to just not be an American with rights?

Just because something may not be illegal does not mean that it's always a smart thing to do.
It may not be illegal to open-carry a long-gun through a high-crime neighborhood in Tulsa at 2:00am (Constitutional Carry) but it's probably not the smartest thing to do. But hey, you go ahead and do you, my friend.

Personally, I'm getting too old to chance getting shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, dog-bit, or manhandled into kissing the asphalt, cuffed, and searched, then taking a trip down to the Detention Center while my car gets towed, all because I want to 'exercise my rights' (on principle). And that doesn't count other things like possible court-time, costs, fines, impound fees, and a police record.

Eventually most people reach an age where wisdom outshines ego.

Last edited:

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reason 876 I’m not a police officer: a baton/night stick seems a great place to hold some glazed doughnuts.
yes it does. and with gun safety rules always in mind, it's very practical too...
1693595927522.png

We had an instructor one time that said any time you're interacting with LE you should say, "Officer, for your protection and mine I'd like to inform you that I'm carrying a licensed, concealed firearm in the small of my back" or wherever. This was back during the permit era, but it still holds true today. Just let them know you've got one and where it is, and then keep your mitts away from that area.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Just because something may not be illegal does not mean that it's always a smart thing to do.
It may not be illegal to open-carry a long-gun through a high-crime neighborhood in Tulsa at 2:00am (Constitutional Carry) but it's probably not the smartest thing to do. But hey, you go ahead and do you, my friend.

Personally, I'm getting too old to chance getting shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, dog-bit, or manhandled into kissing the asphalt, cuffed, and searched, then taking a trip down to the Detention Center while my car gets towed, all because I want to 'exercise my rights' (on principle). And that doesn't count other things like possible court-time, costs, fines, impound fees, and a police record.

Eventually most people reach an age where wisdom outshines ego.
You sound as if you live in fear, and you want to use that to make a passive aggressive judgment.

Where I live it isnt dangerous, it is just economically depressed, you offer me to go to a place you know will get me on the first 48, whole episode made of me.

I think that if more people did it, then just maybe people would act differently and cops would not have to worry about seeing a dead body each day?

You see the ones who go out looking for conflict, strap themselves up with a go pro and 9 phones. That aint me.

Cops know their job, they sure know the people in their own communities too. You do you friend, I am gonna do me and just keep on keeping on.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always inform them first thing. Only bad experience was OKC cop; he had me step out, disarmed me, them looked like a clown trying to clear my weapon before placing it in my floorboard. He had us stand at the rear of the car until he drove off. What a clown. I still complied and then moved on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom