Permitless Carry in a vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it's a pretty good idea to tell us, because when we see guns in cars, we usually respond in a way that you wouldn't like. You show me yours, I'll show you mine.
Just because you see it does not mean you need to respond with yours, if your willing to respond with yours “just because you see it” and I am “not” at liberty to tell you, unless you ask,
You’re part of the problem or a lot of the negativity we currently have within law enforcement. A lot of common sense and training needs to be used to assess the situation.
“Just because you see it” SMH,
Creating a police state,

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because you see it does not mean you need to respond with yours, if your willing to respond with yours “just because you see it” and I am “not” at liberty to tell you, unless you ask,
You’re part of the problem or a lot of the negativity we currently have within law enforcement. A lot of common sense and training needs to be used to assess the situation.
“Just because you see it” SMH,
Creating a police state,

I've been a cop for 34 years. I've never seen a gun in a guys car and asked, "hey, whatcha got there?"

I have no idea what his intentions are with that weapon. What I DO know is, I am going home at the end of my shift. If that means that I have to "show him mine" to accomplish that, so be it.

Turn it around...you're the cop now. You stop a stranger in a car at 2am. You don't know him, he doesn't know you. You walk up to his (or hers - girls kill too) car, look inside, see a gun. What are YOU gonna do?

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was in the first few weeks after Constitutional carry was enacted. I was within my rights to refuse to remove the firearm from my pocket. Which never happened. It remained in my pocket even when getting a ticket in his cruiser.
By telling him I would not personally remove it, and giving him permission to do so defused the situation and maybe gave him time to think about the new law? I don't know, but it all worked out well except for the ticket.
i get that and i agree with you, just still don't know why you were worried about the body cam. like they do now seems like it would protect you if the cop had any stupid ideas but it doesn't matter. have a good weekend.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a cop for 34 years. I've never seen a gun in a guys car and asked, "hey, whatcha got there?"

I have no idea what his intentions are with that weapon. What I DO know is, I am going home at the end of my shift. If that means that I have to "show him mine" to accomplish that, so be it.

Turn it around...you're the cop now. You stop a stranger in a car at 2am. You don't know him, he doesn't know you. You walk up to his (or hers - girls kill too) car, look inside, see a gun. What are YOU gonna do?
I understand what your saying,
This is where your training and common sense comes into the situation.
If it’s holstered or between the seats, why would you pull yours if you see everyone is calm and collective?

personally with my experience when asked yes I tell,
One time I was not asked, asked to step out and get into the OHP car, he noticed I had mine on my side, he simply asked for me to remove it and place it on the truck of my car, no issues.
I have the same motto as you don’t show me yours unless you want to see mine. Do you see how that can be a conflict?
If I have not done anything wrong and you pull yours well, There will be a big problem.

I do not know much about qualified ammunity, however I believe it’s not needed. You or the officers should be responsible for your own actions.

At the end of the day if you’re that scared you either don’t need to be a cop or you need more training

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s holstered or between the seats, why would you pull yours if you see everyone is calm and collective?

One time I was not asked, asked to step out and get into the OHP car, he noticed I had mine on my side, he simply asked for me to remove it and place it on the truck of my car, no issues.
I have the same motto as you don’t show me yours unless you want to see mine. Do you see how that can be a conflict?
If I have not done anything wrong and you pull yours well, There will be a big problem.

I do not know much about qualified ammunity, however I believe it’s not needed. You or the officers should be responsible for your own actions.

At the end of the day if you’re that scared you either don’t need to be a cop or you need more training
20230901_123743.jpg

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sound as if you live in fear, and you want to use that to make a passive aggressive judgment.

Where I live it isnt dangerous, it is just economically depressed, you offer me to go to a place you know will get me on the first 48, whole episode made of me.

I think that if more people did it, then just maybe people would act differently and cops would not have to worry about seeing a dead body each day?

You see the ones who go out looking for conflict, strap themselves up with a go pro and 9 phones. That aint me.

Cops know their job, they sure know the people in their own communities too. You do you friend, I am gonna do me and just keep on keeping on.
Certainly not belittling your experiences but I've found that low-income urban areas (and I've lived in them most of my life) also tend to be higher-crime areas than what you would find in the more affluent neighborhoods.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fear or training has absolutely nothing to do with it. If I approach a vehicle and I spot a firearm, I'm drawing down and ordering the occupant(s) to show me their hands.

However...

If it's holstered, and attached to the person, that's a completely different matter entirely. I've encountered several of those kind of contacts. No biggie. You keep yours holstered and so will I.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Certainly not belittling your experiences but I've found that low-income urban areas (and I've lived in them most of my life) also tend to be higher-crime areas than what you would find in the more affluent neighborhoods.
I have found that if you don't go looking at everyone as a suspect you likely ain't gonna find any.

It is all a matter of perspective.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fear or training has absolutely nothing to do with it. If I approach a vehicle and I spot a firearm, I'm drawing down and ordering the occupant(s) to show me their hands.

However...

If it's holstered, and attached to the person, that's a completely different matter entirely. I've encountered several of those kind of contacts. No biggie. You keep yours holstered and so will I.
Now I understand where your mindset it.
That’s good you do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom