Permitless Carry in a vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
They may not know how. I've come to realize that most cops aren't gun guys. That was one of the driving forces why I signed up...to carry a gun! :w000t:

34 years later, I'm sick and tired of totin' one. I can hardly wait for retirement when all I hafta carry is an Airweight J frame as a "get off me" gat just to keep the thugs away.

But yeah, most modern day cops couldn't care less than two shits about guns.
Bunch of them realize really fast how important those things are.

Cops now show you their kit if you show yours. Last three times was just talking guns and that is why they were called.

They are never hostile to me now. Illinois with a 10.5in ar15 pistol in 7.62x39. They took and and shot it..brought it back.

Here in Oklahoma I have carried my vector into the bank first on 240 and sooner. Waved at the people. Had it on a sling of course.

People accept it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock em down! Everyone knows you can't be a real cop without a Tourniquet dangling off your "Batman utility belt"😆 Just did a class for a bunch of DOI law enforcement guys and to a man they all had the big T! It seems these stalwarts all came to the idea to mount these "bands of life" right behind their holster upside down, so you can just yank them right out and get to constricting. At the lunch break I sent them all in to eat while I changed up the range set up, I picked up 7 tournies off the ground from a class of 23 just in the first 4 hours of teaching! They also all had EMT shears, but not one had his blood type marked on his vest or boots. Guess they thought they'd never run out with a set of scissors and a ratchet strap!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock em down! Everyone knows you can't be a real cop without a Tourniquet dangling off your "Batman utility belt"😆 Just did a class for a bunch of DOI law enforcement guys and to a man they all had the big T! It seems these stalwarts all came to the idea to mount these "bands of life" right behind their holster upside down, so you can just yank them right out and get to constricting. At the lunch break I sent them all in to eat while I changed up the range set up, I picked up 7 tournies off the ground from a class of 23 just in the first 4 hours of teaching! They also all had EMT shears, but not one had his blood type marked on his vest or boots. Guess they thought they'd never run out with a set of scissors and a ratchet strap!

There was a time in my life where I thought I needed a Batman utility belt as well. But once a cop gets older, and somewhat wiser, he realizes that you can make it without all that extra crap. If your life is right with the Lord, you don't seem to worry about that stuff as much as others do.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once had a cop that was eyeballing me in a gun shop, after awhile I asked him if there was a problem?
He paused for a moment, and replied No problem, I was thinking about all the gear you could carry on your belt.
I just looked at him for a second and said what are you trying to say?
Nothing man, nothing.

I started laughing and said its ok I know I am fat as well. Then everyone started to laugh.

Those that have met me, well I am a big guy.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once had a cop that was eyeballing me in a gun shop, after awhile I asked him if there was a problem?
He paused for a moment, and replied No problem, I was thinking about all the gear you could carry on your belt.
I just looked at him for a second and said what are you trying to say?
Nothing man, nothing.

I started laughing and said its ok I know I am fat as well. Then everyone started to laugh.

Those that have met me, well I am a big guy.

Hell, I'm bigger than you amigo, and with all my real estate, I could pack enough gear for 2 or 3 officers. But I have a hard enough time keeping my britches up now. Could you see me with all that chit around my big ol' belly? :rollingla

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I'm bigger than you amigo, and with all my real estate, I could pack enough gear for 2 or 3 officers. But I have a hard enough time keeping my britches up now. Could you see me with all that chit around my big ol' belly? :rollingla
But you may need shark repellent.

Reason 876 I’m not a police officer: a baton/night stick seems a great place to hold some glazed doughnuts.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always tell, even though it's not required. I've never had a bad response. I have a lead foot so get pulled over occasionally to support the county budget.
It's interesting that the local folks want you to stay in the vehicle while OHP wants you to join them in theirs.
I've informed them that I have a pistol in my pocket, and they still invite me into the cruiser with the pistol intact other than one time when Constitution carry was first enacted. An OHP was informed I was armed and had a pistol here and there as well as one in my pocket. He asked me to pull it out and put it on the dash before coming back to his vehicle. I refused, and said that in the day of body cams, I was not going to take my hands off the steering wheel and make a movement to where my pistol was located.
I gave him permission to open my door and personally reach inside my pocket to remove the firearm but I refused to do it myself. Wife was doing a video.
I got the ticket which was deserved but got to stay in my vehicle.
I totally understand walking up to a vehicle in the dark or daylight for that matter and now knowing what might happen if some deranged person may be inside.
I have been stopped by a tribal cop in Osage county with a long gun in the passenger seat.
I actually passed him at about 40 mph over the speed limit as I had to come home from a morning deer hunt to do wifey chores, and then drive 45 miles back to the farm. Unmarked vehicle, he saw the rifle, asked the right questions, was satisfied and probably a husband and deer hunter, so he let me off with a stern warning........LOL
A firearm should not be a warning or a threat to anyone when visible, open carry and all.
Oklahoma allows us now to carry anywhere and at any time unless in restricted areas as it should be.

Edit:
In your situation, where you're in a restricted area, I can certainly see where there would be a situation where an exposed gun may cause a heightened alert.
I may not agree with that policy, but you have to work within those guidelines of your employer.
i get that you wasn't going to take your gun out of your pocket neither would i. i'm not understanding why the cop having a body cam and your wife recording had anything to do with it. seems like it was better that the cop had a bodycam than not. no way he could lie about him telling you to get the gun since he recorded it and your wife had it to. i'm not trying to be a smartass only trying to understand why.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Oklahoma I have carried my vector into the bank first on 240 and sooner. Waved at the people. Had it on a sling of course.
Okay, I gotta ask. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT? Just to prove a point that you can? Same with having an AR10 in your yard just to show the people driving by that you mean business?

I'm really glad that Del City is a LONG ways from Tuttle and that I can take I-240 instead of I-40 and just go around it and Midwest City. Y'all earned the title for a reason!

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it's a pretty good idea to tell us, because when we see guns in cars, we usually respond in a way that you wouldn't like. You show me yours, I'll show you mine.
We had an instructor one time that said any time you're interacting with LE you should say, "Officer, for your protection and mine I'd like to inform you that I'm carrying a licensed, concealed firearm in the small of my back" or wherever. This was back during the permit era, but it still holds true today. Just let them know you've got one and where it is, and then keep your mitts away from that area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom