Permitless Carry in a vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it's a pretty good idea to tell us, because when we see guns in cars, we usually respond in a way that you wouldn't like. You show me yours, I'll show you mine.
" You show me yours, I'll show you mine."

Let me fix that for 'ya: 'You don't show me yours, I'll definitely show you mine."

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a cop I just assumed everyone was armed, for the most part. That doesn't mean I treated them as a problem, I just figured it was prudent to expect the unexpected. Besides, just because someone tells you they don't have a gun, doesn't mean they don't have a gun. In Colorado there was no requirement to inform an officer if you're armed unless asked. If I thought things might be headed in a direction where I was going to find out, I'd ask. But I'd still verify. And the handcuffs ALWAYS went on before anything else. Remember...they come off as easily as they go on.

When I was training rookies one thing that just chapped my butt was when the boot would ask someone if they had any illegal guns or drugs in the car. I explained that someone could answer "no" to that and not be lying. They might have a legal gun in the car. If you're going to ask, don't limit the question unnecessarily.

When I taught CCW classes from 2000 - 2015 I recommended people not inform the officer they were carrying unless asked. The reason being is some cops get really uptight when they know a person they're dealing with is armed. (You can avoid that uptight feeling by just assuming they are.) It changes the whole dynamic of a stop with some people.

I made a stop late one night (or early one morning, to be exact) on the main highway thru Aspen Park/Conifer. Once I turned on my overheads the guy kept driving to a very dark part of the highway...about 1/2 mile. As I cautiously approached his car he leaned his head out the window and yelled..."I HAVE A GUN!" I backpedaled to my car, got the 870 out and called for cover. Another deputy and a trooper responded and we got the guy out and introduced him to the pavement. After a lot of drama it turns out he was just trying to be "nice" and let me know he had a gun. I asked him why he screamed it like he did? He said he wanted to make sure I heard him. Well...I heard him.

Maybe I'm the odd man on this but I still recommend not mentioning a gun or handing the officer a permit unless he/she asks or unless it's required by your state's carry laws. Just because they say no, doesn't mean they're telling the truth. I've also had people mention one gun, but not the others they had in the car. You'd be surprised how many cops see a carry gun and just assume that's the only one.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, was taking to the car, had it on the tailgate and was showing it to the neighbor.

Never was it waved around, it was just eyeballed.

Far as the bank, yeah because I can. Because quite frankly if you don't exercise your rights why should you even have them?

You jumped to the most extreme you could as it gave you the most justified reaction that would be logical in your mind.

Now you assigned a label, ever showed a kid that no one ever spent time to develop any social skill attention?

Ever shown a parent that has never got anything in life and told everything to do how to use a gun? Explain each part and then take them to shoot it?

I have...I have a few times.

We have constitutional carry in this state, we have a weed store almost every block too. And you are hung up over actual legal things that I can do?

Why? Seriously why would you not do something you are legally allowed? Why would there not be a sign on the door of that bank that says no weapons?

I asked before hand mind you, they said...yeah of course...bank teller held the weapon, few of them looked at it.

I deposited some money and left.

Far as in my yard, it is in my yard! You want to tell me what I can do on my own dirt if I am not hurting someone? They been doing that with Natives a long time...thought yall were done doing that.

Here is something, what are you doing other than embracing that place you live? Here is a question? Have you had your councilwoman come by your house and invite you to some award thing on a Sunday for your yard?

I have.

Ever had a cop stand in your driveway for 2hrs in a tailored suit with 97° heat and just tell you about where you live and everything you ask get answered?

Didn't give me names of course but told me enough that I knew the answer to each question.

You had that in Tuttle? Because I do here in Del City...I do! That person who earned that label.

Are you fearful to do any of that with a firearm, show it to your neighbors in the front yard?

Walk into a bank with a PCC and just be friendly?
Surprising the number of people that end up getting shot, tased, or OC'd by LEO's because they wanted to 'exercise their rights' in ways that weren't considered acceptable by the greater society. Constitutional Carry or not, walking into a bank (or a court) with any open carry is just asking for trouble. I'm not anti-2A but I am anti-stupid!

Last edited:

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a cop I just assumed everyone was armed, for the most part. That doesn't mean I treated them as a problem, I just figured it was prudent to expect the unexpected. Besides, just because someone tells you they don't have a gun, doesn't mean they don't have a gun. In Colorado there was no requirement to inform an officer if you're armed unless asked. If I thought things might be headed in a direction where I was going to find out, I'd ask. But I'd still verify. And the handcuffs ALWAYS went on before anything else. Remember...they come off as easily as they go on.

When I was training rookies one thing that just chapped my butt was when the boot would ask someone if they had any illegal guns or drugs in the car. I explained that someone could answer "no" to that and not be lying. They might have a legal gun in the car. If you're going to ask, don't limit the question unnecessarily.

When I taught CCW classes from 2000 - 2015 I recommended people not inform the officer they were carrying unless asked. The reason being is some cops get really uptight when they know a person they're dealing with is armed. (You can avoid that uptight feeling by just assuming they are.) It changes the whole dynamic of a stop with some people.

I made a stop late one night (or early one morning, to be exact) on the main highway thru Aspen Park/Conifer. Once I turned on my overheads the guy kept driving to a very dark part of the highway...about 1/2 mile. As I cautiously approached his car he leaned his head out the window and yelled..."I HAVE A GUN!" I backpedaled to my car, got the 870 out and called for cover. Another deputy and a trooper responded and we got the guy out and introduced him to the pavement. After a lot of drama it turns out he was just trying to be "nice" and let me know he had a gun. I asked him why he screamed it like he did? He said he wanted to make sure I heard him. Well...I heard him.

Maybe I'm the odd man on this but I still recommend not mentioning a gun or handing the officer a permit unless he/she asks or unless it's required by your state's carry laws. Just because they say no, doesn't mean they're telling the truth. I've also had people mention one gun, but not the others they had in the car. You'd be surprised how many cops see a carry gun and just assume that's the only one.
I dont think you are odd, not at all.

I think you were terrified in the circumstance you told us about because no one ever calls 911 to say you just made coffee and want to share.

Your entire career was about reaction.

Many of you helped me to realize that you know? I listen when many said I needed to get off the cop hate train.

You guys are just people, benefit of the doubt, because I am certain that with how things are today you don't want to kill a tax payer.

Arguing on the side of the road has the same winner every outcome, no reason to be that guy.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing he keeps her hidden away in a closet. Then when he needs her he breaks out the air pump and voilà there she is, no arguments, no discussions, just ready and willing to fulfill his every desire.
Blow her up?

It is 2023 my guy....they make life like ones you know? It ain't like you need to punish yourself like the other boomers do.

Cost you maybe 2 social security checks.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprising the number of people that end up getting shot by LEO's because they wanted to 'exercise their rights' in ways that weren't considered acceptable by the greater society. Constitutional Carry or not, walking into a bank (or a court) with any open carry is just asking for trouble. I'm not anti-2A but I am anti-stupid!
Why? Seriously why would you not at least attempt to get people around you to know who you are?

It is all about body language too, I pose no threat with my posture, my voice, even my presence.

Cops around here by far and large want armed citizens, they do because we know these streets better than they do in many cases.

Think cops always live around where they patrol? Most don't even live in the same city.

I was told they get calls about me often, and they ignore them, basically because of constitutional carry and because they know my weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom