Concealed Carry, the never ending quest.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found myself over the years buying numerous sub compacts for carry.. Being a gun nut its easily justified picking up yet another handgun for carry.. A little like a box of chocolates or goldylocks for that matter always searching for the "just right" carry...

While we chase the lotto of guns for the ultimate CC we find ourselves with a handful of options that fit a particlar wardrobe or season..

And yet there a many more still being made, improved on and marketed as the ultimate carry option...

After years of doing this and adding a mass of CC guns to my collection I find myself always returning to my beloved 12 YO Glock 26.. I personally find it fits every niche, from capacity, aftermarket support, flexibility and comfort..

While in the stable I have 3 or 4 out of a dozen that i carry most but more than not always return to the king 26....

I find nothing compares to the 26 other than my 27 but thats another story...

What gun do you find yourselves returning to and can you relate to this??

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep bouncing back and forth between the 23 and the 27 when I’m carrying the 23 I wish I had the 27 but go right back to the 23 and carry it most if I can find another 23 I’ll probably sell or trade the 27 for a 23 but will likely regret it

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can certainly relate to the OP and his post #1, which really sums it up well. Over the course of many years, I have bought, sold, traded, shot and carried a plethora of pistols in search of the ever elusive perfect pistol for carry...for me. I have been totin' this little Glock 43 (85-90% of the time) for a bit over two years now and eagerly gawk, fondle and sometimes even buy and shoot every new "revolution in carry pistol" that hits the shelves at each LGS in search of something better. Haven't found it yet. So, I think I am going to just go with that, be cool with and accept my 43, and spend my money on more boolets. Note that I did not say the 43 was the best pistol. I said it is the best carry pistol, for me.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few firearms, (a gross understatement) of all sizes and types, and the ones that I carry are almost always S&W or sometimes Colt wheelguns in 38 or 357.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve shot many handguns, always searching for something better. I always go back to my Sig 226. Hot weather, cold weather, doesn’t matter to me. The 226 SA/DA is what I shoot best and what I feel most comfortable with. Recently decided I needed another carry gun......just in case something was to happen to my daily carry. So I bought a Sig 226 SAO. Love it!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve shot many handguns, always searching for something better. I always go back to my Sig 226. Hot weather, cold weather, doesn’t matter to me. The 226 SA/DA is what I shoot best and what I feel most comfortable with. Recently decided I needed another carry gun......just in case something was to happen to my daily carry. So I bought a Sig 226 SAO. Love it!

Man.... a single action Sig P226.... bet that shoots lights out.

To the OP, honestly I keep going back to a kahr PM9, during the winter it's a Greyson 1911 commander.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man.... a single action Sig P226.... bet that shoots lights out.

Yeah, I’m really happy with it. Has a sweet flat trigger....and great reset. Took it to the range and put everything right in and around the bullseye. Just need to change out the front sight for something a little smaller and easier to see, for more pinpoint shooting

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heres where I'm at now, instead of buying yet another 'ultimate' carry gun..(of course i still look, sick and twisted i know) Im adding a few touches to my current carrys... Yesterday I polished all internals on my G43, added a clip draw, mic holster and painfully installed CAP sights.... man was the rear sight a pain... Polished the internals of my 26 as well, make a difference?? not really but i feel all warm and fuzzy giving thrm a spa bath..

Latest posts

Top Bottom