Concealed Carry, the never ending quest.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn...I don't even know where to begin. :ugh2:

Over the last 10-12 years, I have owned damn near every handgun imaginable, from Ruger, S&W, Springer, Colt, Glock, Kahr and on and on and on... :blahblah:

But I've always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS had a gen 2 Glock 22 on my hip during that entire time. It's been my go-to pistol since I bought my first one way back in 1991 and it still resides on my hip to this day. Hell, I'm wearing it as I type this.

I've always also been a big BUG activist. Because in my line of work, let's face it - two is one and one is none! Since the day I donned a gun and badge, I've always carried a S&W J frame of some type as my back up. But sadly, the Jaybird has been retired. Every since that punk down at a CLEET class told me, "times have changed old man...try to keep up" I've pondered about my little snubbie and succumb to the fact that, yes, times definitely have changed.

Be that as it may, I've carried a Glock 43 as my BUG off and on with a Ruger LCR in .38 Special. I know, I know...a snubbie is a snubbie is a snubbie. Well, I always thought so too. Until I shot one. Wow! The LCR outshoots a J frame all day long.

However...

I can still hear that kid's voice in my head. So, I sold one of my LCRs (I had two - the other one I kept because we share the same birthday! :hyper:) and have been totin' the Glock 43 religiously as my BUG. But a few days ago, I picked up a tiny Kahr CM9, so now it is my BUG and the G43 has been "promoted" to official off-duty carry.

For now... :rolleyes2

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to change out carry guns fairly often. Currently liking my Beretta APX. If i own a handgun it will get carried at some point. I had a S&W M&W compact 9mm that was a good little carry gun and i may buy another eventually. I have tried Glocks multiple times and they just aren't right for me.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
glock em down.. that was somewhat hilarious... thing with kahr is no aftermarket support, im considering dumping my pm9 and 380... probably along with a few more, but me likes guns .. the 380 sux imo, but the pm9 is a shooter especially with 7 mags but for me 43 all the way with TTI plus 1.. CAP sights and the same trigger im used to..

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've cycled through at least a dozen carry guns. I always end up back at a Smith & Wesson J frame within a month or so of trying something different. I'm currently carrying a model 36 square butt. I really like the feel of the square butt on these little revolvers. It's surprising how such a minor variation can make a big difference in how they handle.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of EDC's but my go-to is always my RexZero1 CP with the extended mag. It's a dead on shooter and 17+1 means i don't need to carry an extra mag every where I go.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My go to carry gun is my S&W 637 which goes everywhere I go, for the most part, inside a Galco Ankle Glove. I've only been carrying for a little over a year, but it's been my constant companion so far. Also carry a Shield on my hip, but I change it out every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've cycled through at least a dozen carry guns. I always end up back at a Smith & Wesson J frame within a month or so of trying something different. I'm currently carrying a model 36 square butt. I really like the feel of the square butt on these little revolvers. It's surprising how such a minor variation can make a big difference in how they handle.

Only ever held a revolver with a round butt. Them square ones look old, dunno if they work right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom