Constitutional carry- what’s different other than no permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From 21-1272-1:

"Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages, except in the authorized line of duty as an undercover officer.

Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any private investigator with a firearms authorization in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages in any establishment where low-point beer or alcoholic beverages are consumed."

Thus, anyone carrying and consuming alcohol, except for that in bold above, risks arrest, whether it be one beer or two.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From 21-1272-1:

"Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages, except in the authorized line of duty as an undercover officer.

Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any private investigator with a firearms authorization in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages in any establishment where low-point beer or alcoholic beverages are consumed."

Thus, anyone carrying and consuming alcohol, except for that in bold above, risks arrest, whether it be one beer or two.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Actually... that statute only applies to "Peace Officers" and "Private Investigators" ...
:drunk2:

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking art this thread I feel like Mark Woodward still thinks he is running the show...he is not. It's a new day.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Catt57 for posting the finished SDA copy at https://osbi.ok.gov/sites/g/files/g...9_SDA_Law_Book-_FINAL_09172019_with_COVER.pdf,

To me, that would make a great STICKIE on a site like this, as I am sure there will be a lot of continuing conversations.

What I had been looking at was" HB2597 Enrolled" and must have contained only the sections that had changes made to them. It is at http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2019-20 ENR/hB/HB2597 ENR.PDF

I am sure there will be more in this years legislation to clarify things.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Catt57 for posting the finished SDA copy at https://osbi.ok.gov/sites/g/files/g...9_SDA_Law_Book-_FINAL_09172019_with_COVER.pdf,

To me, that would make a great STICKIE on a site like this, as I am sure there will be a lot of continuing conversations.

What I had been looking at was" HB2597 Enrolled" and must have contained only the sections that had changes made to them. It is at http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2019-20 ENR/hB/HB2597 ENR.PDF

I am sure there will be more in this years legislation to clarify things.

No problem

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually... that statute only applies to "Peace Officers" and "Private Investigators" ...
:drunk2:

Actually, I only posted part of that statute. Here's a link to the statute, and it is one that applies to all, although police and private investigators do have some "leeway."

Oklahoma Statute 21-1272.1

"A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title in any establishment where low-point beer, as defined by Section 163.2 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, or alcoholic beverages, as defined by Section 506 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, are consumed. This provision shall not apply to a peace officer, as defined in Section 99 of this title, or to private investigators with a firearms authorization when acting in the scope and course of employment, and shall not apply to an owner or proprietor of the establishment having a pistol, rifle, or shotgun on the premises. Provided however, a person possessing a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the concealed or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary purpose of the business.

Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages, except in the authorized line of duty as an undercover officer.

Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any private investigator with a firearms authorization in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages in any establishment where low-point beer or alcoholic beverages are consumed.

B. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1272.2 of this title."

I used to work at the OSBI and my job involved applying charges and court dispositions to criminal records. I saw this statute quite a bit, and it wasn't applied to police officers and private investigators.

The sentence immediately following that in bold letters is what exempts those officers and PI's. The parts that I originally posted were there to explain that police could ONLY consume alcohol IF they were undercover and that nothing in the law allowed private investigators TO consume alcohol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom