Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tri-Tip and roasted broccoli tonight
20230521_185921.jpg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okra Gumbo. First you make a roux....... Made with 4 deer shanks, yea those things you throw away in de gut pile. tsk , tsk., Why you put dem 4? Cause de good Lord din put dem 5 on de deer Couyon.
.....sausage, some baby shrimp, Holy Trinity, a little cayenne, worchestershire well. you get the idea. Come own bruddah, Let's Eat.

View attachment 377772
I would tear that up! Looks awesome

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made my Summer Casserole tonight. Wife loves it and it is probably one of the healthiest meals I make. I did get to wondering tonight how sliced mushrooms would be in it. Turkey smoked sausage, sweet potato, zucchinni, yellow squash, onion, Roma tomatoes, S&P, sprinkle of Italian cheese over the top.

Summer casserole.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like preparing chuck roast on the smoker better than brisket, and it's cheaper.
Buddy gave me a Teres major cut of beef to try. Comes from the top of the shoulder on a beef. Some butchers don't know where it is at from what I understand. It is a beef cut that is best cooked on the grill, roast or stir fry. It is one of the most tender beef cuts, versatile, economical and very beefy tasting.
Did a 6 hour cook on the pellet grill, basting it every thirty minutes or so with a mix of Alegro teryaki, Alegro standard marinade, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and mesquite seasoning from Costco, then doing the Texas Cheat for two more hours. It was fork tender with a great bark when coming out of the foil.
Unfortunately, no pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom