Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to explain to my nephews about hand cranking the ice cream churn when younger and how excited we were to get an electric model. Mom would make some crazy good banana walnut ice cream. Might have to go back old school and give it a try!
My wife bought a Cuisinart ice cream maker a few years ago, and it’s great. I was skeptical at first, because it too easy and fast.

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shrimp Creole made with wild caught extra Jumbo Argentine red shrimp, Sweetest shrimp in the sea. Topped with Oklahoma wild onion garnish picked last spring.
And of course: De bottle of pop wid de foam on de top.--Justin Wilson
Whooooo, it came out nice and spicy. My nose still running.
But the best part is..I don't have to look at a dang queer on me beer. Screw you Bud Lite. lol

View attachment 386836
Cowbaby, where ya get dem shrimps?

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if this has been shared in here before, but here goes: these are the best burgers I’ve ever eaten. Seriously, there’s no reason these burgers should be this good. 😎 if youve never tried making the Phil Robertson style burgers, do it. They really are that good. Just be prepared to clean up a horrendous mess.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last December, our local grocery store put the thanksgiving butterball turkeys on clearance.
We got a 20 lb fresh bird for next to nothing.
Kept seeing it in the freezer so about a week ago started a thaw.
Yesterday at 2pm, put it into a brine that said one hour for every pound.
At 10 am today, took it out of the brine bag and put on the Pit Boss pellet grill with competition type pellets from Atwood’s at 225* with a temp probe in the thigh and another in the breast.
Then went to the food plot for more spraying Johnson grass.
Got home around 4:30. The breast was showing 165* and the thigh probe at 160.
Had some more spraying to do on some thistles along the driveway, so loaded up the sprayer again and took care of that.
At 6pm, thigh was 173 and the breast 180*. Took it off to rest for 15 minutes, then started carving.
The juices ran freely on every cut. Amazing how moist the breast meat was. We ate a few slices and froze the rest of the breast in 4 portions to be vacuum sealed to eat at a later date. Sandwiches most likely.
The rest is boiling in a pot as we speak to separate all the meat from the bone that will be vacuum sealed to be added to soups and stew. The broth frozen separately in portions for the same thing.

One hour into the cook.

IMG_1695.jpeg

Four hours later.
IMG_1696.jpeg

Done and resting.

IMG_1697.jpeg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if this has been shared in here before, but here goes: these are the best burgers I’ve ever eaten. Seriously, there’s no reason these burgers should be this good. 😎 if youve never tried making the Phil Robertson style burgers, do it. They really are that good. Just be prepared to clean up a horrendous mess.

Thanks for sharing. It is similar to what I do on my Blackstone griddle Its kinda same thing, just a big cast iron skillet you can oil one side heavy then move over to less oil a little space over for the second side and over further for the top bun. Myself I add a few chopped onions as I turn to fry in for the second side.

Reply about Dennisshoddy's post: Last week I thawed and smoked leftover $.79 10lb breast I froze after a last Christmas sale. Yep, good any time of year.

Had spachcock BBQ sauce smoked chicken legs for dinner this evening.

Boiled and put in the refrigerator 20 Amish pickled mustard eggs this morning. My first try with them.

Yep like others here, I like to cook my own. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom