Coons!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a while back when I lived in Ohio, but my neighbor would put out dog food for the raccoons that came in from the adjoining woods. One night he had some 20 raccoons on his deck including a mess of babies, and when I realized just how many were coming, I went over the next day to educate him about the nuisance factor and the risk of rabies. He stopped feeding them. Wish I'd gotten a shot at the 20 milling around, though.

I made a little correction.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was 3, we had raccoons that would come eat our cat food during the day. Being in my infinite wisdom, I decided to go and try to pet one. I got bit... Luckily, wildlife officers trapped all the coons and tested them, I didn't have to get the shots.

But I still haven't gotten revenge.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep corn out till green grass comes back. I thought it was going to pay out in overall herd health with the unusually snowy, icy winter. I didn't know that the turkey killers were getting so much of it. This is the first year I've kept the cameras out this long.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wife use to put out dog food for the wild ones after our pet coon died. We'd have 20+ on the feeder at one time and they'd leave and another group of 10 or so would show up to clean up what they left.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I trap them at our front door where my wife feeds the birds. Our turkey population has thanked my by showing up at the feeders in ever increasing numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom