Coons!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has got to be a record of some kind. Anyone have any pictures that show more than 6 in a picture?

[Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

and this one is about 3/4 mile from the other, so I think I have a sh!tload of coons.

RULES - I know these:
"Furbearer season Dec. 1, 2009 - Feb. 28, 2010"
"Nothing in this regulation prevents the killing of furbearers actually found destroying livestock or poultry"
and from the Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator website "Any citizen who handles nuisance wildlife personally and not commercially does not need a NWCO permit HOWEVER use of body gripping traps or snares is prohibited"
The way I read I can run, tree, and shoot these all year long on my place, as long as I'm not trapping or selling furs. anyone have any insight on this? PM or email any "unconventional" control methods.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RULES - I know these:
"Nothing in this regulation prevents the killing of furbearers actually found destroying livestock or poultry"
and from the Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator website "Any citizen who handles nuisance wildlife personally and not commercially does not need a NWCO permit HOWEVER use of body gripping traps or snares is prohibited"
The way I read I can run, tree, and shoot these all year long on my place, as long as I'm not trapping or selling furs. anyone have any insight on this? PM or email any "unconventional" control methods.

You can trap and kill coons on your own land if they are a nuisance. I would suspect that running and shooting would also be ok, but, you best be able to prove a nuisance.

The way I understand the regulations: You can run and tree coons year around, but can't shoot them out of season.
I am not familiar with the NWCO operations.
Having a NWCO license allows you to use conibears (boding gripping traps) and snares while removing nuisance animals for others while under a contract with them.

Can you BBQ em?
Most definitely.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has got to be a record of some kind. Anyone have any pictures that show more than 6 in a picture?

and this one is about 3/4 mile from the other, so I think I have a sh!tload of coons.

RULES - I know these:

Wow.
Racoons= nuisance

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a while back when I lived in Ohio, but my neighbor would put out dog food for the raccoons that came in from the adjoining woods. One night he had some 20 raccoons on his deck including a mess of babies, and when I realized just how many were coming, I went over the next day to educate him about the nuisance factor and the risk of rabies. He stopped feeding them. Wish I'd gotten a pic of the 20 milling around, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom