Cops embarss an Open Carrying Unprepared Attention Whore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officers were responding to a man with a gun complaint. What would you propose that they do once they have been dispatched to handle that call?

I will answer this question just in case it was directed towards me. I think the police handled it fairly well and I didn't have a problem with them to begin with actually. However, if he was cited I believe that they were completedly out of line (unless park rules specifically forbade it etc).

I think the guy should carry naturally as he does his outdoor activities, like walk the dog or walk with the girl that most of us believe he conjured up. Its not my issue so I'm not sweating over it.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made it to, "I'm audibly recording you, Officers!" like he had something over the cops.

Rehtahd.

Cops talked to him, realized he was within his rights and left him be after chewing his ass out and putting him in his place. I see nothing wrong here.

And what, exactly, is "his place?" Kowtowing to the State? Only exercising his rights with, as MLR put it, "a damn good reason to exercise [his] freedom."

Seriously--I'm interested in your opinion of what "rights" and "freedom" are. When is it permissible, in your view, to enjoy freedom, and when is a right just an abstract concept that should be left on the shelf and admired from afar?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said clowns and cowboys and I meant it. I'm not against excersising these rights at all, I carry a gun all day every day. I'm talking about everyone that can't wait to strap on thier six shooter or mall ninja rig to go looking for a confrontation just like the guy in the video did. There will be a right way to do things and a wrong way. Looking to make a spectacle of yourself will be the wrong way to go and make us all look like crayon eaters. The bottom line is looking for a reaction from the public and law enforment will get you a reaction and most likely not the one your hoping for.

This is a serious subject and should be treated as such.
And I agree with your accessments , But those things will work themselves out.
Its still their Right, your calling them clowns and cowboy crayon eaters only verifys what the non-gun people want to hear.
Are they idiots ...most definatly,
But I support ALL gun Rights,,,,The C C C Eaters will weed them selves out
AHHHHH Nevermind I agree with you..... ;) ....The Crayon Eaters will be

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shadowrider, what are some better ways to educate people that are scared of guns?

I'm not Shadowrider, but the 1st step would be to not scare them further. Act normal (which this guy isn't capable of), don't act suspicious (which this guy isn't capable of), speak calmly and rationally (which this guy isn't capable of) and don't lie (which this guy isn't capable of). What this guy is apparently capable of is creeping people out to the point that he gets the cops called on him on a frequent basis. The cops are tired of him wasting their time and he's not getting the reactions he wants from the cops or the public. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shadowrider, what are some better ways to educate people that are scared of guns?

Most people who are scared of guns have never even shot one. I can think of no better way to acclimate them than to take them to a range, go over the safety rules and put one in their hands. It becomes pretty evident pretty quickly that what they've been indoctrinated to believe about them is utterly false. They see that cars don't explode taking out a city block, that when a cardboard target is hit there's only a little hole in it and not a fire to put out or a confetti pile when hit. Of course not everyone agrees to go shooting, but in my experience those that do have a blast. Even better would be to take them to a USPSA, Steel Challenge or IDPA match and let them see first hand the things I mentioned and that the people of the "gun culture" are not the mindless inbreds that the media and Hollyweird makes us out to be, which this particular guy DOES appear to be...

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bashing in this thread reminds me a little bit of how some intolerant members in the LGBT community handled the chik-fil-a incident. I was raised to be apart of the solution and not the problem and to be constructive whenever possible. With that being said I decided to find the guy on youtube and send him a personal message in hopes of him augmenting his methods to something more practical.

If you are wondering what my message said I will summarize it briefly:

I stated that he is a visible person in Oregon, youtube, and around the country for that matter. I explained that I, like him, believe in the same rights that he is passionate about protecting BUT his version of "shock therapy" may not be the best possible method out there. The road to regaining our rights is steep and it will indeed be a long journey, for those who put themselves on the forefront the responsibility is not so much in not freaking people out but to everyone which includes his 2A bretheren who also fight (in our own ways) to achieve the same things. A lot of people just dont get it that our rights are being stripped away due to not using them and many people never will understand it. For those who are on the fence about gun rights, I believe that to convert them it is a delicate process. If you are too forceful you could potentially and unintentionally knock them over to the wrong side of the issue. The shock therapy method undoubtedly causes anti's to dig their heels deeper which is counter to our objective. I go on to explain better methods to help him/2A believers to better achieve our end goal.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stated that he is a visible person in Oregon, youtube, and around the country for that matter. I explained that I, like him, believe in the same rights that he is passionate about protecting BUT his version of "shock therapy" may not be the best possible method out there. The road to regaining our rights is steep and it will indeed be a long journey, for those who put themselves on the forefront the responsibility is not so much in not freaking people out but to everyone which includes his 2A bretheren who also fight (in our own ways) to achieve the same things. A lot of people just dont get it that our rights are being stripped away due to not using them and many people never will understand it. For those who are on the fence about gun rights, I believe that to convert them it is a delicate process. If you are too forceful you could potentially and unintentionally knock them over to the wrong side of the issue. The shock therapy method undoubtedly causes anti's to dig their heels deeper which is counter to our objective. I go on to explain better methods to help him/2A believers to better achieve our end goal.

Logic FTW!

Latest posts

Top Bottom