Cops embarss an Open Carrying Unprepared Attention Whore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know one way that would help would be a gun shop or range host a local get to know firearms day or something like that. Anti gunners, people who never shot one, people that are looking for one but are not sure what they should buy could come up there that day and shoot them, handle them, receive safety on them ect ect.... We in the gun community would get a chance to show that guns are not green monsters with snarling teeth showing ready to devour anyone that looks at it.

We get a possible newby on our side, they get a lesson in them, and the range or shop (if they sell also) would get a chance to sell guns, ammo, accessories, and plus it could be a tax deduction for them also. See win win all the way around...

My 2 cents..........PFXD 45

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh and concerning the video, the dude is an activist, though I have nothing against them, they have the right to speak how they want, if the law in their state says he can then he should do as he feels fit. But instead of trying to show Police Officers in such a negitive light and show them up on YouTube.... He should be more involved with positive activism instead.

The simple facts are, there is more good men and women in uniform then there is bad and we should instead of trying to make the good ones look bad make the good ones look good..... I truly am tired of people seeing a Police Officer and they automatically think bad man......

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know one way that would help would be a gun shop or range host a local get to know firearms day or something like that. Anti gunners, people who never shot one, people that are looking for one but are not sure what they should buy could come up there that day and shoot them, handle them, receive safety on them ect ect.... We in the gun community would get a chance to show that guns are not green monsters with snarling teeth showing ready to devour anyone that looks at it.

We get a possible newby on our side, they get a lesson in them, and the range or shop (if they sell also) would get a chance to sell guns, ammo, accessories, and plus it could be a tax deduction for them also. See win win all the way around...

My 2 cents..........PFXD 45

The problem with this is that the anti-gun folks have to attend out of their own volition. How would you possibly attract them when it's against their ideology and political views?

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with this is that the anti-gun folks have to attend out of their own volition. How would you possibly attract them when it's against their ideology and political views?

I have personally turned 6 (4 of which are very liberal) people who were anti-guns to now actively carrying everyday as CCL holders. There's 2 more that will probably get theirs by the end of the year because of me. As dumb as this sounds, but something simple as having nerf guns at the office and shooting targets is a good gateway and conversation starter. I've even done things like having them try to shoot me with a holstered nerf gun before I can whack them with rolled up paper from 15 feet way. I then use that to push the conversation into self-defence and "what if I was actually attacking you with a knife" scenarios.

Be an example and don't just be some loud mouthed hot head who screams about the 2A, or how Obama is after my guns, or how liberals are all sheep, my gun this, don't tread on me, gun, guns, guns, you're stupid, guns, blah blah blah, ect. After about 15 seconds, all they're going to hear is "Herp Derp Derpy Derp..." and you become whatever negative stereotype they think of when they think of a backwards and angry individual clinging to their bible and guns because the world is scary.

I've organized events out at a range (I even rented out a whole bay at H&H) and take people who have never shot guns before down to the range. They're more comfortable because they know me and there are no other strangers with guns in the bays and there's no pressure in this type of environment. The first thing they realize is that guns are not death wands. Also, unlike what's shown in tv & movies, shooting a handgun accurately is relatively hard.

Most people are not necessarily anti-gun, but are anti "crazy gun nut" stereotype and do not want to be associated with whatever negative stereotype they have for people who are pro guns. It's that stereotype and perceived culture they're against, not necessarily the firearms. It's just easier and more PC to blame the firearms. I can tell you that most people even in downtown OKC fear even going to a gun range or a gun store because they feel like they wouldn't be welcome there. For others, it may even be racial and some are afraid that unless they are white, they wouldn't be welcome in the store or even be chased out. Yes, it's stupid and outright dumb that people feel this way, but the media has done a good job of portraying gun owners as a bunch of moronic bubba's. That's the stereotype that needs to be torn down.

The firearms issue for liberals and anti-gunners is basically the sex education and sexuality issue for conservatives. It's amazing how conservatives and pro-gun people can have the most intelligent and rational conversation about firearms and firearms safety based on facts and common sense. Yet, when it comes to sex education and sexuality, most conservatives immediate react based on emotion and misinformation and are completely irrational about the subject. The opposite is true for liberals and anti-gun people. They can have the most intelligent and rational discussions about sex education and sexuality, but the moment the topic is switched to guns they react emotionally and irrationally and most of it is based on misinformation. Most liberals tend to think of themselves as intellectuals. Usually, me pointing out their irrational views on firearms as being equal to how irrational most conservatives are when it comes to sex education and sexuality is enough to open the doors for conversation with them with an open mind.

If you're a religious man, it's like witnessing to people. You'll be a far more effective witness and win more followers if you lead by example and engage in 2 way conversation, rather than be some hothead who's screams that everyone is going to hell.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom