Corn Prices and Alternatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Atwoods is running 8.99/40# sack. I picked up 400# it was pretty rough. More cob and stalk in it than I've seen before. Hope it doesn't clog the feeder. Probably should have returned it. I'll pay a little more for the Walmart or Academy corn if it's cleaner.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I just got home from Colorado. On I-70 from the Colorado Front range to Wakenne Ks there were corn fields as far as the eye could see on both sides of the road about two weeks from harvest. At least two ears per stalk. East of Wakenne, it's mostly rolling pastures with a little milo that's looking good.
From Salina Ks to Ponca City, lots of corn already harvested with more getting ready.
From the small areas we saw, compared to with nationwide corn crop, our Midwest corn is looking like a good crop.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atwoods is running 8.99/40# sack. I picked up 400# it was pretty rough. More cob and stalk in it than I've seen before. Hope it doesn't clog the feeder. Probably should have returned it. I'll pay a little more for the Walmart or Academy corn if it's cleaner.
I also bought 10 bags of Atwoods corn this week but didn’t think it was any worse than what I have bought at Tractor Supply or the co-op in Cherokee. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom