Cotton Bowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you trying to say, "OU has the best team money can buy?"

On a serious note, I do think college football players should receive a stipend. Between practice and school, it's impossible for them to work a job.

It should be standardised and only adjusted for cost of living around the various parts of the US.

That should be standarized (iPad is on British spelling for some reason)

I've been watching the "30 for 30" series of sports documentaries on Netflix. At most of the competitive NCAA football programs in the 80s/90s (at least) the stipend idea was commonplace. All under the table, of course. ;-)

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just ridiculous, you sound like a butt hurt OU fan. Quitters? Why, because A&M wanted to go to what they felt was a better situation for the program? The SEC provided an opportunity to gain national attention and better recruiting potential. It worked! And had they not laid an egg with five turnovers and two missed field goals in a five point loss to LSU they would have played in the BCS Championship game.

Gig'Em Aggies!

Sounds like a good excuse as any........ :wink2:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Cowpoke, so I don't have a dog in this hunt. But, I feel obligated to mouth off a little. I only read the first two pages of this thread, but it was obvious where it was going.

I agree that Landry sucks. He can't tackle worth a flip; can't block very well either. And, how many times have you seen him catch a pass. His punt average is abysmal and, as far as I know, he has never kicked for a single point. In light of all this, his career statistics are meaningless. If I were a Sooner fan, I'd be livid.

And, Stoops is clearly one of the worst college coaches in the land. His record has been repeated numerous time, so I won't go there again. However, if Gundy's record is this bad after 12 years, or so, you can count me in on the "ride him out of town on a rail" crew.

OU is exactly where other football powers of the time back in the 50's were at. Big lumbering beasts who stacked the middle of the line while OU (Tommy McDonald, Clendon Thomas, Merrill Green, etc) ran circles around them. OU helped change the picture of college football. Now, they're on the receiving end and, if they don't adapt, we'll hear this crying continue in the future. Time, and changing college football conditions, are passing them by. Stoops finally has the opportunity to prove everybody wrong when they say he's not worth all that money. But, he's gonna have to change strategies if he's gonna do it.

And, while I'm at it, those two announcers drove me batty. I used to think Johnny Football was a half-way cool nickname. After those two guys got through with it, I hope I never hear it again.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Cowpoke, so I don't have a dog in this hunt. But, I feel obligated to mouth off a little. I only read the first two pages of this thread, but it was obvious where it was going.

I agree that Landry sucks. He can't tackle worth a flip; can't block very well either. And, how many times have you seen him catch a pass. His punt average is abysmal and, as far as I know, he has never kicked for a single point. In light of all this, his career statistics are meaningless. If I were a Sooner fan, I'd be livid.

And, Stoops is clearly one of the worst college coaches in the land. His record has been repeated numerous time, so I won't go there again. However, if Gundy's record is this bad after 12 years, or so, you can count me in on the "ride him out of town on a rail" crew.

OU is exactly where other football powers of the time back in the 50's were at. Big lumbering beasts who stacked the middle of the line while OU (Tommy McDonald, Clendon Thomas, Merrill Green, etc) ran circles around them. OU helped change the picture of college football. Now, they're on the receiving end and, if they don't adapt, we'll hear this crying continue in the future. Time, and changing college football conditions, are passing them by. Stoops finally has the opportunity to prove everybody wrong when they say he's not worth all that money. But, he's gonna have to change strategies if he's gonna do it.

And, while I'm at it, those two announcers drove me batty. I used to think Johnny Football was a half-way cool nickname. After those two guys got through with it, I hope I never hear it again.

Funny post, Ronny!

Latest posts

Top Bottom