Covering my Scent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All,

I am going coyote hunting and their smell is top notch. I have racoon urine to place on nearby trees, but I need tips on what I should do with clothing, personal body, etc. Do I not shower the day before or what? I want to do the right thing, so I can harvest my first coyote.

Craig

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Craig there really isn't anything you can do except watch the wind direction. They can smell you where you have walked in so be mindful of that as well. If they get downwind of you they will smell you no matter what cover scent you use. The trick is to kill them before they get to that point. I'm just trying to save you some frustration and some money as well.

Scott

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Craig

Drug dogs have been known to find drugs that are vacuum packaged, sealed in PVC pipe and submerged in a tank of diesel, not much chance you will fool a coyote's nose.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Craig there really isn't anything you can do except watch the wind direction. They can smell you where you have walked in so be mindful of that as well. If they get downwind of you they will smell you no matter what cover scent you use. The trick is to kill them before they get to that point. I'm just trying to save you some frustration and some money as well.

Scott

What Scott said is golden.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smoke!
Smoke kills bacteria and thats what causes human odor, plus its a very strong natural cover scent. U can buy scent smokers for hunting or bee smokers work fine. Standing in front of a camp fire will do it as well. I know of guys that that have smoke houses/shacks in the back yard where they make a small fire and hang cloths inside and walk in to get dressed. But no matter what u use playing the wind is always a must.

Latest posts

Top Bottom