CPAP & BIPAP RECALL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Currently on our annual middle of nowhere Wisconsin trip right now so I don't know if you all have gotten word about the Phillips CPAP & BIPAP recall yet. Only reason I found out was by accident. So I did some digging online and have found a bit of info, but have not seen or heard a thing about it on the tv or radio news yet.

Some shady crap going on according to some reports online, but the nuts and bolts of it is, the foam used as sound proofing around the turbine is breaking down and finding its way into the air system, then the patient which can cause various issues, allergic reactions, irritation, etc. Plus the foam is a possible carcinogenic agent when it breaks down. (What rocket scientist thought that it would be a good idea to use it in a breathing machine? )

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/e/sleep/communications/src-update

All Philips CPAP and BiLevel PAP devices manufactured by Philips prior to April 26, 2021 are under the recall.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of a recall. I'll have to call my doctor on Monday. I had my CPAP worked on last year so I hope that means I'm safe for now.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This affects home ventilators too. The Triology home vent being one of the most popular vent used. We’ve had some patients who cannot go home on their vents because of the recall. Check with your home care company for direction.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish
Currently on our annual middle of nowhere Wisconsin trip right now so I don't know if you all have gotten word about the Phillips CPAP & BIPAP recall yet. Only reason I found out was by accident. So I did some digging online and have found a bit of info, but have not seen or heard a thing about it on the tv or radio news yet.

Some shady crap going on according to some reports online, but the nuts and bolts of it is, the foam used as sound proofing around the turbine is breaking down and finding its way into the air system, then the patient which can cause various issues, allergic reactions, irritation, etc. Plus the foam is a possible carcinogenic agent when it breaks down. (What rocket scientist thought that it would be a good idea to use it in a breathing machine? )

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/e/sleep/communications/src-update

All Philips CPAP and BiLevel PAP devices manufactured by Philips prior to April 26, 2021 are under the recall.
Wish you had found out about this yesturday

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are other alternatives for the treatment of Sleep Apnea other than the CPAP.
Problem is, most Pulmonologists and Physicians don't know about it.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enlighten those of us that need the info, please.

Please understand, I'm posting this here NOT as self promotion.
I try NOT to post in this forum about my profession or this part of my profession.
I am NOT trying so solicit anyone.
That being said, not just ANY dentist is qualified to provide this treatment.
Many think they are, but you really need someone who knows what they are doing.

Lawton Oral Appliance Therapy | Sleep Apnea | Anti-Snoring Device (stopsnoringlawton.com)

Latest posts

Top Bottom