Craftsman Lifetime Warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you ever needed to have a Craftsman tool replaced under their lifetime warranty? If so, how much of a pain was it? Did you just visit a dealer and go from there?

I have an old ratchet that has a bad friction ball and/or spring. I was hoping I could get a cheap repair kit and just keep the original ratchet, but the repair kits cost more than a replacement ratchet.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Under Sears it was a non-issue however the one time I tried with Ace they refused “not having a suitable replacement”. Guess I’d try and find the Lowes or Ace with the largest Craftsman Tool section and that may improve your odds.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had to warranty a Craftsman tool in along time. Use to take them to the local Sears store and they would just swap it out or order you one if it wasn't in stock. We still have a Sears store about 20 miles away that carries mostly appliances, lawn mowers and some tools. Most Craftsman tools now made in china so I quit buying when they started that years ago. So if you have a USA made tool it will get swapped out for the cheaper China junk.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you ever needed to have a Craftsman tool replaced under their lifetime warranty? If so, how much of a pain was it? Did you just visit a dealer and go from there?

I have an old ratchet that has a bad friction ball and/or spring. I was hoping I could get a cheap repair kit and just keep the original ratchet, but the repair kits cost more than a replacement ratchet.
Yes’m back when it was Sears it was really easy, I walked into the 21st and Sheridan store and handed them my 1/4 inch ratchet and they took it and handed me a new one. I don’t know how they do it these days as I buy Tekton

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Sears was around it was easy you just took it in, in fact many used to buy broken craftsman tools at pawn shops to get new tools.

Ace hardware sells them but who knows if they’ll let you get a similar tool off the shelf like Sears used too🤷‍♂️
I was going to try Ace and/or Lowe's just to see if I can get anywhere.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had to warranty a Craftsman tool in along time. Use to take them to the local Sears store and they would just swap it out or order you one if it wasn't in stock. We still have a Sears store about 20 miles away that carries mostly appliances, lawn mowers and some tools. Most Craftsman tools now made in china so I quit buying when they started that years ago. So if you have a USA made tool it will get swapped out for the cheaper China junk.
Sounds like I should just buy the repair kit . . . hopefully it's not made in China now. :)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t waste your time with Lowes. I broke an extension in a kit my father in law bought there and gave me a couple years ago, and the customer service lady at Lowes told me I had to contact the manufacturer. I ended up picking up a replacement at Tractor Supply for half what the craftsman replacement was going to cost. I’ll never buy another craftsman tool. :finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom