Dad got one this morning.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad got this one around 10:00 this morning. He said it was following a couple does around a wheat field. So I guess there's still a bit of rutting going on.

1.) Sorry Ridge Hunter,..didn't catch the tongue hanging out till we had him home and cleaned.

2.) Yes, the rifle is pointed at dads ding ding, but it is unloaded and the bolt is up.

3.) Don't know if you can tell in the pic, but there's more than 1 bullet wound. Dad believes that if 1 hole creates a blood trail, then 3-5 holes ought to create a hellacious blood trail.

4.) When we opened him up it looked like he's been feeding on mostly green wheat and there was some corn in his stomach. Funny thing is,...I DON'T HAVE ANY CORN OUT..! Somewhere,...Somebody this weekend will be wondering..."Now I know I had that buck patterened, why haven't I been seeing him":w000t::w000t::w000t:.....If that's you,...sorry..!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v644_engrtobe_IMG_0443.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1.) I'll never live that thread down. I had a tongue in what would have been the best picture of the buck I shot the other day. I can't follow my own advice. Luckily I caught it and took more, but otherwise I like that pic the best.

2.) Lawl.

3.) He must be a sumbitch' on that bolt gun.

4.) My buck the other day had corn in it too, and I don't feed. I just know he is one someones trail cam eating corn the night before I shot him. He was dang sure off their property by daylight.:patriot:

5.) Nice buck!

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3.) He must be a sumbitch' on that bolt gun.

:w000t: I have to use high temp grease on his bolt.

I started hunting when I was in HS, and that's when dad started probaly in his 40's, so he got a late start. He's the only 60+ year old man that still gets buck fever like a kid. Once he gets fur in the scope all discipline goes to schnit.! You never know where for sure he's going to hit, or how many times. I'd love to have a hidden video of him shooting a buck. I bet out of a deer stand, he could have 3-4 empties in the air at once.

I think his rifle holds 5 rounds, and I think he probably used em all this morning.

I'm sure it sounded like he was being flanked by a band of Vietcong,...glad nobody called the Sheriff.

Is it the camera angle, or is that buck's antlers really as heavy as they look?

No,..they're very heavy. No spread at all, but they were very thick. A really nice mature deer, although he dressed out @ 130 lbs. I figured he'd go more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, Congrats to your dad taking a mature buck with what looks like a lot of mass!
Second, He is not the only one that gets giddy as a school girl when a good buck shows up.:D I just don't empty my rifle.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom