Damn Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doesn't matter if there were 3 in a pack or 13, if they start chasing deer, the deer will alter their patterns to avoid them. I came across 3 deer last year that were takin down by yotes, and towards the end of January the deer moved closer to the house. Bustin yotes is not only fun, but it helps control the predator to prey ratio. Since I've been hunting them for the past 4 yrs across the road from my house, we have seen quail and turkey reappearing, and the deer are staying towards the back instead of milling aroun in the pecan grove or pastures near the road. Take your male dog out to the woods where you hunt, watch where he pees and how freaquently he does so, this will give you a good idea where yote boundries are at and them yotes will come back to remark them. Sorry for rambling, but trying to figure out predators is funner than figurin deer.Here is a good trick to cull them yotes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTvKwWXwgpM

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my story with yotes this year was a good one....

i went out with my buddy on his land and it was opening day of black powder. he went to the southwest of the area with his gun and i'm not much of black powder so i was using my bow (my 2nd yr and love it). i am on top of a hill and can see a his area and the majority of the property. i watch three doe come in towards me from the north and the head doe changed direction (which brought her closer). so she went behind a cedar, i drew back and when she came out (10yds) i dropped her, she let out a yell and that was about that. i look at the two doe behind her, they look to the west and book it tear outta there quick i look that way then in about 2 blinks of the eye here come three yotes on dead sprint out of this little valley towards her/them. i got all giddy and excited (i love yote hunting) thinking i was going to get one with my bow (goal of mine with a bow). two stopped about 50yds out and one ran about 25yds and stopped behind another cedar. i drew back and waited, waited, only to be let down. he turned and ran toward the other two, i would of tried the shot but not that good yet LOL. then the three of them ran west toward the valley, dropped into the bottom and about 20sec later about 8 doe come running out on the other side heading west, they turned south and headed directly towards my buddy. i am on top of the hill watching the whole thing play out...crazy. i then hear BOOOM, the front doe rolls end over end, then all of the does stop running....i see him packing and reloading...(i am like no way)..then BOOOM....another one drops. the does then turn and "trot" north with like no idea of what was going on...so i told him what had happened and told him to give the yotes some points on the assist...LOL.

But other than that, anytime i see the fury little scavengers....BOOM... even during deer/rifle season i don't care...when i was little they tore up one of my favorite dogs (grandpa's red heeler CHIEF), so i'm on a personal mission check avatar:rubhands:

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firecop203, it depends if you want the fur or not. Your deer rifle works great if you don't want the fur.If you do want the fur I would recommend a 223,22 hornet, 204,17, or a shotgun.There are lots more, but these are a good start. If you don't have one it will be an excuse to buy another gun.

Scott

Latest posts

Top Bottom