Decent honest mechanic in Claremore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My niece's car broke down in Claremore on the RSU campus. I tried to talk her and the wife through troubleshooting third-hand without much luck. They tried to jump it because it acted like a bad battery, but though it would crank, it wouldn't start. Gonna have my alarm guy go over tomorrow if he has time, because it's got a fancy two-way paging alarm with remote start and who knows what else. I am sure there's a starter kill, but not sure if there's a fuel-pump interruptor that may have to be reset or something. Sounds like an electrical issue besides just a battery to me, though the battery may have triggered it.

Anyways, if they can't get it sorted out easily, we need to have it towed somewhere in Claremore that won't rape us with a saguaro cactus.

I know we've got a number of Claremore members here, any suggestions on whom to use? Both towing and/or mechanic?

<edit> '99 Camry

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like distributor , not knowing anything else .
autozone is downhill from rsu . they will do some troubleshooting , battery, i don't know if they will check other stuff such as fuel pump or whatnot .

cant recommend mech or shop as i do my own . make sure towing isnt on insurance policy before calling truck save some bucks that way.
i could lend a hand towards weekend , cant promise much .

elance

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Distributor is a good thought I hadn't considered. Trying to get two women to describe if a car is cranking vs firing and turning over is like herding cats. <sigh>

We do have roadside assistance on our cell phone plans, but not sure if that will cover the tow or not. It has in the past covered a tow for a starter that went bad. Got good mechanix in Tulsa and Bartlesville we can use, but towing that far would be pretty cost-prohibitive. I can make it up that way on Saturday, but not really until then. Really hope to try to get it fixed prior to that, or I'll have them come down and pick up my Z to drive until we can get it fix0red. She drives back and forth from Bartlesville to Claremore for school like 3 days a week, so she needs reliable transport.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say tim lane at east 20 automotive but he isint the quickest at getting things done. A friend of mine likes boomer auto repair up by sequoyah highschool.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i could drag you to tulsa, or mentioned shops, behind suburban on saturday or early friday . but bartlesville a little far . also would prefer experienced towee in camry.

elance

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's an electrical issue Hughes Auto Electric can't be beat. He's about a mile from RSU. Been in business in Claremore for probably 30 years. 918-341-4484 Mike Hughes

Oh, and don't use Raceway Towing. He likes trading towjobs for blowjobs. Got busted in the past year for it..

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big second on Hughes. Very competent and has always been reasonable on things I couldn't figure out myself. I've used Dunlap Towing in Claremore many times, always a good job.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drive to the Collinsville Napa store. Todd owns it and is in my opinion as honest and trustworthy a mechanic as you will find. I have used him for 12 yrs. His work has never failed me and he does what is necessary to fix the problem, nothing above that. He will also communicate the problem in a easy to understand way. GREAT Patriot too. He served in the Gulf War.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Fuse? Neighbors Dodge something think its a Stratus was doing the same thing the other day and my kid was sent to ask me and I said after hearing what they had already done to look at the fuses under the hood. A new fuse and she was on her way. I'm usually never right about anything first shot so for once it worked out.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom