Decision time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a 4.5% pay raise and no OT ever with less physical work desk job
Or
Work 80 hours a week at current pay with a chance to increase annual income by 2.5X by working OT at a more physical job and on your feet all day......
Or I guess
just not work OT at current on feet more physical job/pay rate if you have other things to do or your pusitis flairs up.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked physical job and more than 80 hours a week if they would give me the hours.
I was younger and in the frame of mind I want the money.

I invested that money wisely.
Now people pay me monthly to live in my houses that were all paid for before I was 40.

If you can make more money and not die doing it then make more money but do not fritter it away on new cars and toys like new boats etc.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have the health?
Do you need the money?
Are you old?

Joe
If i can keep people from running over me on my bike i can keep my health
Need is all relative. Can I retire today? Maybe. Would it be wise? Prob not. So do I need the money? Why yes, i like to eat and pay my bills and not be FSA.
Am I old? Yes, over 50.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked physical job and more than 80 hours a week if they would give me the hours.
I was younger and in the frame of mind I want the money.

I invested that money wisely.
Now people pay me monthly to live in my houses that were all paid for before I was 40.

If you can make more money and not die doing it then make more money but do not fritter it away on new cars and toys like new boats etc.
Sold all my rent houses, have almost zero debt, no mortgage, only a land pymnt, bills & groceries.
We don't have or buy toys or take vacations

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you work the 80 hrs/week for another year or two to get land payment knocked out? If so, can you then move to a desk job?
I see the %’s, but it’s a lot different if you’re making 40k vs 2.5x=100k OR you’re making $100k vs $250k.
Me, I worked and invested hard in 20’s and 30’s. I’m wanting more time and slack in mid-40’s. Probably can’t retire for another 20 years unless I can figure out health insurance. If we can do that, I could probably retire in 7-8 years when the kid graduates college. I may be forced to medically retire sooner or any time in between.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From personal experience after 50 your body starts going downhill and the more you fiscally use it the faster it goes not saying to stop doing fiscal work but take it slow and steady nothing fast and hard, and there is usually no guarantee that overtime will come your way but your job may require dont know, my job they got tired of me putting in overtime and made me a salary employee (with a small raise)so that i couldnt get overtime even thou it was illegal the way they went about it but i was at a point i really couldnt complain with out loosing my retirement in the few years i had left so i took it but let them know i wasnt really happy with it. your hourly wage will increase over time more than likely but your OT may decrease with time so just have to figure whats the best outcome for you personally and if it is worth it to you, think of yourself cause no one else will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom