Democrat House bill would ban AR-15 bullet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't give the Democrats any ideas, or they will come to believe that even a paintgun "round" would be armor piercing. I've heard that the M855 is NOT armor piercing, even going beyond ATF's designation of it as one. I don't know much about the source of the following link (Imminent Tactical Solutions), but they explain why M855 isn't AP.

Military Ammunition and Why Green Tip M855 is NOT Armor Piercing

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't pierce any armor that M193 won't also -- not that the ability to pierce armor is any kind of justification to ban anything. In fact, in modern times, the ability of citizens to defeat common police armor is rather important to protect, with the purpose of the Second Amendment in mind.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no munitions expert but the m855 with the steel tip is pretty impressive. Penetrate 1/8 steel up to 600 yards. It doesn't fit the definition of AP due to the the construction of its bullet.

If they are talking "body armor", I'm sure most or all center fire rifle cartridges would be capable if penetrating Kevlar. If this goes through, talk about a slippery slope.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no munitions expert but the m855 with the steel tip is pretty impressive. Penetrate 1/8 steel up to 600 yards. It doesn't fit the definition of AP due to the the construction of its bullet.

If they are talking "body armor", I'm sure most or all center fire rifle cartridges would be capable if penetrating Kevlar. If this goes through, talk about a slippery slope.

I would bet any hunting rifle round will do that.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's some true death-camp speak coming from that guy...that bastard probably belongs behind bars for treason...2nd amendment not about deer hunting and all 5.56 rifle ammo is kevlar AP probably at 100 meters or less. Law makers need the facts before they try to make laws.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom