Dependable Sheet Rock Guy in Sapulpa/Tulsa Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bathroom that has some humidity damage. The paint on the ceiling above the shower is now peeling off. I am thinking I will need some mud and tape work done and get some texturing work done to make it look like the rest of the walls/ceiling. Anyone know a guy that does good work…. and is dependable and trustworthy?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bathroom that has some humidity damage. The paint on the ceiling above the shower is now peeling off. I am thinking I will need some mud and tape work done and get some texturing work done to make it look like the rest of the walls/ceiling. Anyone know a guy that does good work…. and is dependable and trustworthy?

If someone doesn't chime in with a recommendation, swing by a paint store in your area and see if they have any recommendations. Pick a paint store, any one will do. SW/Spectrum/whatever you got in the area. Not HD or Lowe's. They don't know **** in HD or Lowe's.

For a project that small you'll need a do it all kinda painter type fella. Don't be discouraged. Most of those guys do really good work, or they wouldn't stay in business. They only have prior job references and word of mouth to keep them going. Residential re-paint is a tough market. Only the strong survive for very long. So, watch out for guys that haven't been in business very long.

Good luck with it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a vent fan that ducts to the attic or outside?
If not the problem will probably never go away.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a vent fan that ducts to the attic or outside?
If not the problem will probably never go away.
Yes, I do.
….but I also have a teenage boy (now in college) that chose to start using this shower as his own a few years ago. Long showers using the hottest water possible caused this problem - he rarely remembered to turn the vent on either.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I do.
….but I also have a teenage boy (now in college) that chose to start using this shower as his own a few years ago. Long showers using the hottest water possible caused this problem - he rarely remembered to turn the vent on either.
I've got one of those. Shower is over when the hot water is gone.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I do.
I got one of those too. So I rewired the switch so fan and light are on at same time. Also alerts me he forgot to turn off the light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom