Discount tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Was quoted $20 a piece to mount and balance 6 tires on my truck on the phone, scheduled a time, arrived and they wanted payment up front which was not a big deal......but they said it would be $40 each and not $20. Told them to pound sand, called another shop and they did it for $10 a tire. That was at the Enid DT.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was quoted $20 a piece to mount and balance 6 tires on my truck on the phone, scheduled a time, arrived and they wanted payment up front which was not a big deal......but they said it would be $40 each and not $20. Told them to pound sand, called another shop and they did it for $10 a tire. That was at the Enid DT.

That’s just wrong. The DT here in Yukon has always done me right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The store here wanted to charge me $90 extra to mount and balance a set of tires that they were selling that were in stock.

That's a bunch of BS!

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first time we went to discount, they ruined one of my wife's factory wheels. They replaced it with OE. The second time (for a rotation), they ruined two factory wheels. They couldn't locate two factory wheels so they gave her her pick of a full set if aftermarket wheels on their website, mounted, balanced, swapped, and owned free. There have been many other smaller nuisances over the years, but I will say that they go above and beyond to fix the screwups that inevitably happen every time we go to a location.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Potter Oil.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First go to tirerack.com for research.....then..... Walmart online for best prices

Doing it for the third time and having a good experience. Must be patient since it take around a week for the tires to arrive at your local WalMart

Good experience with Korean tires - Kumho
Walmart gets tires that the dealers can't get, and some of their installers suck. Unfortunately I suckered into the 6 ply Pirelli tires for my Tundra that walmart sells cheap.(not cheap, but cheaper than other tire dealers) It took the dufus almost an hour to put one tire on the rim and broke the chrome in a couple of places doing so as I found out later.
I was watching through the waiting room window, got on my cell and called the store manager, asking him to come to the tire shop before anymore could be mounted because it was obvious the installer had never mounted a tire before.
Manager got a couple of other guys to finish the job, and it was later that I spotted the broken chrome plating.
Yes you get free tire rotation and balancing but you have to drop the vehicle off and pick it up later in the day. I'm 12 miles from the store, so it's a big deal to get it in and back out with the wife having to follow me in to pick up and later to take me to town to pick it up.
Buying tires from Discount or other out of town tire shops sucks because you have to go 100 miles from where we live to the nearest for any kind of warranty or rotation, so that's out of the question.
Looked at buying tires online and having them mounted at a local shop. None will do that except one that I found and his balancing machine looks questionable at best, plus there is no free rotation.
Living in a one horse town sucks sometimes.
We have tire dealers in town, but there are no bargains.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Walmart in Newcastle had some pretty decent techs in their automotive shop. They were the only place around that would work on my truck because I had spacer plates between my wheels and hubs (on their from the dealer with the aftermarket wheels they sold on the truck). Every tire shop around told me that I'd have to remove the tires myself and bring them in, which for me, presents a challenge without calling in a friend to haul the tires once my truck is out of commission. The WM here took the truck in, did a great job at a very fair price ($659 for a set of 4 Falken - 305-50-20's with hazard). Did this in December of '18 and haven't had an issue at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom