Divorce.... Questions before I sign anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kicked the wife out in January and a few weeks ago decided its time for a divorce. I told her I was filing just to give her a heads up and that I wasn't gonna have her sever I'd just give her the papers.
Anyway, she beat me to it. She went and filed the next week, she told me and said she had the papers. Which was fine cause it saved me the $250 lol
Well, we had everything agreed on and it was all supposed to be uncontested. But the lady who filled out her papers didn't put down what we agreed on. My wife claims she told her what to put and not to put but the lady though it would be better the way she wrote it up. She told me what was in it before they filed it and I said to change it to what we agreed on cause I figured it would be easier that way. Well they didn't ....
My wife says they told her it wasn't a big deal what was in that paper cause we could just change it when we went in to see the judge.
Now, I have to sign off and notarize the sheet that states she did personally serve me. But after talking with her the last week or so she says she's not sure if she's ok on what we agreed on at first.
We both agreed not to get lawyers and just make his easy and agree. But now I'm not sure i want to be signing anything with out talking to a lawyer first!

Anyway, any OSA lawyers or guys who gone through this got any input or opinions for me. I'd like to get this done this week cause now she is hounding me about getting the papers back to her.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't lose the Mexico lease is all I know!

oh that's not a problem there
That's all "off the books" lol

The only thing I guess I'm supposed to sign and notarize right now is the sheet stating that I had been served.
From what I read in it, it says by signing it I'm not agreeing to anything.
But it also says I'm supposed to fill out my own "demands" or what not plus all my person stuff and file that at the court house. Not sure exactly how to go about all that exactly...

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ALLOUT said:
And in Febuary I should be picking up another 130k acres of some of the best whitetail land in the world.

In a divorce with assets, a good attorney can and will save you more than their fee. With your vast real estate holdings it would seem like a no brainer.

Good luck, they're never fun.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No better advice that to get an attorney. Things sound like they are turning south in a hurry. She said - what she SAID doesn't matter, it's what on the paper that matters.

Best advice I evere received in my divorce was this: "It's no longer about love or sentiment. It's about business. Assets don't have feelings (except maybe the dog). approach it with good business sense. Cry later." - I got this from an attorney that kept me from losing my a$$ because I was emotional.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma in an uncontested divorce she gets half of everything plus half of everything you will ever get. That's how I understand it, but I am not a lawyer.....You need one!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom