Divorce.... Questions before I sign anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No lawyer, but I have been through nasty divorce and I've stayed at a holiday inn express. First get a lawyer. Don't sign anything without one. It doesnt matter what you agree to or how well you think you trust her or think she will follow through with what she has told you. She will be talking to her friends and their friends. Have in writing whatever you agree to, or it won't matter. Your word against her word is no good compaired to whats in writting. Second, if and when you get a lawyer, use your spider senses. If it doesnt sound right, dont agree to it or sign it. Just because your lawyer tells you something doesnt mean its rght. I know my lawyer would have given everything away but I kept fighting him. He would say, well they will never agree to that. My reponse was always, you dont know until you try. Guess what, they agreed to almost everything. If they think your willing to fight for it, they may decide its not worth the hassle. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a divorce with assets, a good attorney can and will save you more than their fee. With your vast real estate holdings it would seem like a no brainer.

Good luck, they're never fun.

Well that realstate is leased, not in my name and out of the country lol
She can't touch that...
But yes a friend of mine just have me the info to the lawyer they used. Ill be contacting him tomorrow!!!

As far as "Assets" go, we really don't have anything. We are relatively young and only been married a few years, most everything we've acquired so far is just debt LOL with no equity....

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a lawyer. Don't hire one based on being 'cheap', hire one based on reputation and experience. A bad one will cost you dearly; regardless of what he charges.

Ya the one I'm calling tomorrow aint cheap
But I'm willing to do what it takes to get this done the way it should be.
The sad part is, the stuff she wants to fight about is stupid stuff...

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, from that other post I thought you owned your hunting property.

Debt is still something that needs split, get an attorney and make sure she shares in her half. When I went through it, first thing I did was read the statutes a couple of times and then realized it's all pretty standard unless they can get you to agree to something different.

Well that realstate is leased, not in my name and out of the country lol
She can't touch that...
But yes a friend of mine just have me the info to the lawyer they used. Ill be contacting him tomorrow!!!

As far as "Assets" go, we really don't have anything. We are relatively young and only been married a few years, most everything we've acquired so far is just debt LOL with no equity....

Latest posts

Top Bottom