Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

• YES

Votes: 162 65.3%
  • NO

Votes: 86 34.7%

• Total voters

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is a little naive to think that obama won't eventually try to take our guns away based on his progressive agenda. I don't think it is a priority for him now but something we would probably see early second term when he's not worried about re-election. Gun control seems to be one of the core values of the progressive movement. If you're going to force something like health care "reform" against the wishes of the majority and try something as crazy as cap and trade, I don't think gun control is that far fetched.

As for gun owners being perceived as rednecks, that stereotype will not change because the left media will continue to perpetuate it. Unfortunately many of the sheep in our country base their entire world view on what they see on television. Owning a gun is probably grounds for termination at MSNBC.

If we're going to protect our rights, we need to be vigilant in researching those who are running for elected office. Most viewed obama as a moderate but his record indicated otherwise. We need to educate our children about our constitutional rights and limit the influence of television until their old enough to filter what they hear. We need to participate in our communities, elections, etc., and quit waiting for the government to take care of everything. November will be a turning point for sure. Get involved!

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Obama is a different type of liberal than we have seen before. I think he has a higher agenda and he can live with or without guns for now. His agenda is to transform the "system" that will allow two things:

1)Empower liberals/statists/marxists, whatever you want to call them. They will do this through packing the Supreme Court and other courts with activist judges and through phony immigration laws designed to recruit liberal voters.

2)Transform the private sector to the public sector by taking over industries (ie. healthcare, automobile, financial) either directly or indirectly.

I do believe taking our guns is one of his ideal points of his envisioned society but I think his priorities are to transform the country into a statist nation first and foremost so he might not get to the gun agenda himself unless the environment is ripe. When he achieves these two things, the statists are lodged in power and it will be hard to break them loose.

okshooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best thing WE can do is educate those around us about owning weapons and why we do. We need to educate those around us on what our Constitution says about bearing arms and why it's a right. Most people don't realize that the right to arms is to keep the government in check. I explain it to people by reading them the second amendment and then I ask them this. "If the government takes guns away from it's citizens what is it actually doing, based on the second amendment?" Sometimes it takes a little more explaining. They are really taking away the force that would stop them from doing whatever they want to us the citizens. They are effectivly saying that we can no longer protect ourselves from them and they can just do whatever they want whenever they want. Any reasonable person will grasp this concept. I post regularly on facebook about things going on in the gun world with regards to politics. Just yesterday the husband to a friend of my wifes asked me what is going on and wanted to know more. He is now thinking about becoming a gun owner. The more of the population that understands what we understand the better off we will all be. If we don't teach those around us, the government will.

gorilla_firm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
athetexaswineguy.com_Cold_20Dead_20Hands.jpg

7point82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well put henschman!

On the subject of the Obama administration implementing more gun control: I believe he would jump at the chance if he thought he had enough political traction to make anything happen. However, 2nd amendment issues don't really benefit the progressive agenda nearly as much as health care and immigration changes do so he is likely getting the more important issues put to bed first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom