Does anybody here install or had installed a steel roof?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need an installer for a shop roof - needs to be quality work. Snap-together standing seam. About 8000 square feet. While they're here they can install the wall skins, too.

Anybody have a recommendation in Tulsa area?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Metal can still leak, fasteners can loosen, dont use a #2 board or furring strip under the metal, use pressure treated.

That metal roof will have condensate on the bottom side of it anything not treated will rot.
You can now buy metal roofing with a vapor barrier on the back side of it to eliminate to rotting.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We hadone 5 years ago installed on house and shop and did well house for free . Yes it is expensive but insurance took care of most of it. 10% off insurance with a metal roof. Only problem we have had a leak around a vent and they came out and took care of it immediately.

BrainSlugs

New to the site!
Reaction score
My cost was 7k for composite or 11500 for for metal in 1750sq foot house. I got the metal and it's great. Idk why they need you to have a meeting about your roof in their office. The guy came out measured and wrote me a quote sitting in his truck. Sounds like some kind of time share salesman you got there.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're raping people around Tulsa.
Just like the rumors of Buccees coming and QT jacked the gas 50 cents a gallon.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We installed metal shingles, its expensive, but guaranteed for life. We’ve had ours for 12 years, neighbors have had theirs more than 20 years with no complaints

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cost was 7k for composite or 11500 for for metal in 1750sq foot house.

I just had a metal roof installed (Inlaws house). About the same price, and same square footage. (Quoted above)

We spent a little more for total asphalt shingles tearoff and had high-temp 'Ice & Water' shield added over the entire roof deck. (It wasn't much more.)

I've had metal roofing on our house for about 15 yrs. I love it.

Good luck!

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For insurance purposes I had to get quotes for a new roof on my place and this is the message I got from the roofer

"Ok. Here is what I’m thinking

Metal is hard to figure without going to yard and getting everything figured.

Shingles.
Lower level $2310
Whole house $4950
Metal whole house $6960"

So 5k for singles vs 7k to do metal.
Check with insurance, State Farm is 40% less, if meta or hail resistant shingles.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes. My insurance on the metal roof is different. They specifically state they don’t cover dents. I can live with that as long as it doesn’t leak. I think the slope will have a lot to do with that. My cabin roof is very steep @ 10/12. The discount given to the insurance policy for a fire resistant metal roof is nice.
Mine has never dented.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had Erie Metals come out and give us a quote on our 3,800 sq.ft. house. Their quote was $120,000. Needless to say, they didn't get the job. We had it done by a local company for about $100,000 less. Our house had two area that shouldn't have been shingled to begin with because they were too near flat. We like it so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom