Dozens of weapons, ammo found in raid outside of Harrah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebuckout

Marksman
Reaction score
Could it be possible that after the anonymous tip the sheriff's office did some surveillance of their own to gather more information, then got the search warrant? Just saying. It seems we never get all the details from these stories.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always disappointed when they say things like "dozens of weapons" and "thousands of rounds of live ammo" and then the pics are of a half-dozen guns and a couple of boxes of ammo -- which is NEVER the same caliber as the guns pictured ...

And as for the county doing it's job ... well, if you want to keep guns around for target practice and self-defense, you should really do your best not to become a convicted felon.

copeje

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's really "entertaining" and somewhat "annoying" at the same time to read about people complaining over minor details when they really have no clue what happened. Other than what the media tells you of course. To think the Sheriff would authorize someone to file for a warrant off one tip, or to even think a judge would sign off on that...come on, really?

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's really "entertaining" and somewhat "annoying" at the same time to read about people complaining over minor details when they really have no clue what happened. Other than what the media tells you of course. To think the Sheriff would authorize someone to file for a warrant off one tip, or to even think a judge would sign off on that...come on, really?

I tend to agree...... The media obviously embellishes the facts, but the bottom line is that if you're a felon, you give up certain rights and privileges. One way to avoid having your home raided is to never become a felon...and if for some reason you do, don't continue to do things that are illegal.

copeje

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to agree...... The media obviously embellishes the facts, but the bottom line is that if you're a felon, you give up certain rights and privileges. One way to avoid having your home raided is to never become a felon...and if for some reason you do, don't continue to do things that are illegal.
Prett much my thoughts as well.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I'm about to say has nothing to do with this particular loser, but is meant more in general.

I know that this isn't going to be wildly popular, but I think that we have made too many felons. Most people will agree with the premise that one should lose certain rights when they have committed a felony. I think that if you make enough laws, pretty much anyone could potentially become a felon. When you lose rights, you become under the control of the government. The drug war is a miserable failure, that has done nothing but create a huge class of people who have had their rights stripped, and little to no hope of ever getting them back. Felony laws should be limited to crimes that are truly serious, and a woman selling $40 of weed is not worth taking someones right to defend themselves for the rest of their life.

Just saying, well he's a felon, he got what he deserved or he wouldn't have a felony conviction... is looking at it too black and white. Look deeper. Again, not really commenting on this particular tweaker, apparently he was making life miserable on his neighbors, who finally got fed up and turned him in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom