drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tried to get into DPS in Clinton, Ok to renew my CDL. Anything close was the same way.No appointments for 60 days out not taking walkins. Local tag agency said they could do it if I did not have K endorsement on my CDL. Was there when they opened went pretty quick at first but I had a motorcycle endorsement under the grandfather clause which they said
had to authorized at DPS. Had to come back at 2pm, the lady got it taken care of and I was out in 10 minutes with a piece of paper for a license. Got mine in the mail a couple days ago. Helps when the local tag agent is your neighbor 2nd house down but the 2nd house down is 2 miles

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup it’s a cluster

local
Tag office is only doing 30 licenses a day
You have sign up on a sheet each day no appointments only a sign up sheet

wtf are you supposed do if you work during the day
Oh I get to take a day off get there an hour before they open line up and hope I can get one of the 30 spots

what a damn joke

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup it’s a cluster

local
Tag office is only doing 30 licenses a day
You have sign up on a sheet each day no appointments only a sign up sheet

wtf are you supposed do if you work during the day
Oh I get to take a day off get there an hour before they open line up and hope I can get one of the 30 spots

what a damn joke
The unbelievable part is that there are no consequences for the politicians and bureaucrats who have let it get this bad. If anything even remotely this bad ever happened in the private sector, and the company somehow stayed in business, heads would roll.

The maddening part is that the solution is simple. Nuke all licensing laws and replace them with one law that simply requires anyone on the road to have 2 million in liability insurance. The insurance companies and driving schools would work together to manage liability, and you can bet anyone they insure would be better trained than the average DMV test graduate these days. Then just let people get passports instead of state IDs. The cost for the new passport card is actually pretty similar to the cost of a real ID driver's license.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I applied online at my.ok.gov for renewal of my drivers license on 4/13/21. It was to expire on 5/31/21. Received acknowledgement and case number. On 5/14/21 I emailed a status inquiry to [email protected]. Received a prompt acknowledgement stating that it would take 60+ days. On 5/25/21 sent another status inquiry and asked if it is OK to drive on an expired license? Promptly received a reply from [email protected] and she said that she would process the renewal that day and it should arrive by mail soon. Received the license a week or so later. This was not a real ID. I am 78yo and have had an Oklahoma drivers license since I moved here in 1977. Pretty routine! Apparently the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I'm going to have to thank you once again for posting this information. I emailed the Help Desk email to get some sort of rundown on what was happening with our licenses and I got the general answer of "your f7cked, and you are illegal to drive now since we can't get you your license in a reasonable time." I emailed them back this morning and copied that Martha Malone person on the email basically pointing out that I had done what was required of me and it was time for them to do what was required of them. I got an email a few minutes ago that she had processed both my wife's and my renewal and that we would just be waiting on the official card to be printed. If you hadn't posted this information, there is no telling how long we would have had to go on driving illegally.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I will start the process next week sometime, at a tag agency out of town that takes walk ins.

Then when I leave I get to leave a paper temp license and wait for my new license to come in the mail.

I called Stitts office about this, they passed the blame back to Fallen, I get it she passed the buck until she was out of office and now Stitt has to deal with it, but no one can tell me that this cluster cannot be fixed. There is not one reason why we as citizens of Oklahoma should have to deal with this non sense.

Prove who I am, **** they have my finger prints on file, along with the OSBI, FBI ATF and any other alphabet agency out there, think those suppressors and approved stamps just ****ing appeared, how about my carry license, jesus christ what a ****ing cluster.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now if/when you can go into a tag office to renew your license it gets mailed to you? Correct?

wtf kind of bull crap is that?
My experience You get a printed paper copy of your new one and you keep your old one to carry untill the new one comes in. I think the new ones have something in the plastic that can't be/isn't done on sight .

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience You get a printed paper copy of your new one and you keep your old one to carry untill the new one comes in. I think the new ones have something in the plastic that can't be/isn't done on sight .

Thats what I was told by a co worker is on month 2 of waiting for license to be mailed to her. She has the paper one and her old one while waiting for her new one LOL.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to go get my new tag yesterday, and the tag agent had a sign on the door saying something to the effect that they'd reached their limit on DLs and Real IDs. It didn't say if it was the limit for the day, week, month, etc, but there wasn't anyone inside getting a DL done.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to go get my new tag yesterday, and the tag agent had a sign on the door saying something to the effect that they'd reached their limit on DLs and Real IDs. It didn't say if it was the limit for the day, week, month, etc, but there wasn't anyone inside getting a DL done.

It's crazy that they'd actually have a limit . . . but the agency we use only does 12 DL renewals a day. I don't know if that's including RealIDs or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom