Earthquake Insurance in OK--- Do I still need it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the other thing. Mine had a 20% deductible, plus numerous exclusions, etc............... that by the time I was to ever receive a claims---it would be so watered down as to be minimal......... And costing me about $450 per year in premiumsw!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the other thing. Mine had a 20% deductible, plus numerous exclusions, etc............... that by the time I was to ever receive a claims---it would be so watered down as to be minimal......... And costing me about $450 per year in premiumsw!
Yea that would make me parse the numbers too. Mine wasn't anywhere near that cost. I think it was less than $200 and it wasn't from my homeowners policy either. I used an independent agent and it's what she drug up. House value was about $175k.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Totally dependent on cost.

My homeowners jumped from $1400 to $2200 / year; after I filed a claim for roof replacement from hail damage.

Insurance paid $0, said it was a "maintenance issue", roof was over 10 years old.

When renewal invoice was sent, told them "to shove it where Paul Pelosi likes it."

New roof was $4200, 2 years of premiums. Pay premium to home savings account and self insure. House is paid for and I will take the risk. Screw them blood sucking leeches.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't felt a tremor in awhile. I guess the fracking shut down solved the earthquake problem? I dunno.

Thinking about now renewing.. What do yall think ?
I'm from earthquake country, you could see the fault at low tide, it was about 2 miles from my house. We were not offered earthquake insurance at anything close to reasonable. My house was built in 1924 and stood through three 6+ quakes without issue. You need earthquake insurance in OK about as much as I needed tornado insurance in Seattle.
R (18).jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom