Eating Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Johnnies chili cheese burger w/onions and sauce on side . Also, we share onion rings. Do not get their fake chicken fried steak :mad::mad: The Del Rancho in Moore uses fake chicken fry now also, and I won't go back. Back to Johnnies,have had the #5 and #9 :thumb:.Been eating there since the restaurant on Britton Rd.
FAKE CFS??? Need details to better understand how one fakes a CFS. NE OK has only 1 Del Rancho & it’s in Tahlequah so I don’t get there much. I do choose DR when in the OKC metro sometimes. Why would a place choose to change up its signature item?

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my boys to the Johnnie's in Edmond on 33rd Friday night for dinner. No face mask enforcement. Man, they had way too much cheese on my #10. I couldn't even taste the burger patty or bacon because the cheese was over powering. I'll have to scrape some of it off next time.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FAKE CFS??? Need details to better understand how one fakes a CFS. NE OK has only 1 Del Rancho & it’s in Tahlequah so I don’t get there much. I do choose DR when in the OKC metro sometimes. Why would a place choose to change up its signature item?

Exactly, I don't know why but to me it's like it is frozen pre-made and they fry it. When the DR opened in Moore, their chicken fried steak was like the steak for decades. About a year ago that changed. Trust me if you have eaten as many as me you would know. It's about saving money I guess. Go to the Moore DR ,then go to Norman DR and you'll see the difference. I haven't been back to the Moore DR since.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly, I don't know why but to me it's like it is frozen pre-made and they fry it. When the DR opened in Moore, their chicken fried steak was like the steak for decades. About a year ago that changed. Trust me if you have eaten as many as me you would know. It's about saving money I guess. Go to the Moore DR ,then go to Norman DR and you'll see the difference. I haven't been back to the Moore DR since.

I definitely understand what you mean by fake chicken fried steak. There are too many places that use those pre breaded frozen hockey puck things.

I kinda judge an American food place by it's CFS and cheeseburger. Before I order a CFS I always ask if it is frozen or fresh made. If it is frozen, it's a hard pass for me. Same thing for those soy burgers some places try to make pass for a burger patty. Nasty!

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely understand what you mean by fake chicken fried steak. There are too many places that use those pre breaded frozen hockey puck things.

I kinda judge an American food place by it's CFS and cheeseburger. Before I order a CFS I always ask if it is frozen or fresh made. If it is frozen, it's a hard pass for me. Same thing for those soy burgers some places try to make pass for a burger patty. Nasty!

*Like* *Like*:clap3::thumbup3:

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks for helping me understand that they have substituted a frozen product for what was previously a freshly-made item. I don’t know the current status but Schwab’s was the fresh meat supplier for DR in the late 90s/early 2000s. The CFS cut was on Schwab’s standard order form that I used to order for the band parents’ concession stand back then.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me understand that they have substituted a frozen product for what was previously a freshly-made item. I don’t know the current status but Schwab’s was the fresh meat supplier for DR in the late 90s/early 2000s. The CFS cut was on Schwab’s standard order form that I used to order for the band parents’ concession stand back then.

I am no CFS expert, but if you've ever been served a premade CFS you would know. Not sure what DR stores still make the original CFS anymore. I am sure the original owner Mr Holt would not approve.

Latest posts

Top Bottom