Electric Smoker Hunt??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the Cookshack smokette elite for around $600. It's their smallest unit but just fine for my use. All stainless steel, insulated and digital controller that includes a digital meat probe. You can do two whole briskets so it'll hold at least 30lbs of meat. Steve's Wholesale Tools is where I got mine. They also make the same basic model out of carbon steel for about $100 less.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You must be getting old. I have never posted a post about buying a Elect Smoker. So let's carry on!

I have been in on some of the post's about using them and such! Are you the Post Police? LOL!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I thought there was already a discussion on this subject in your thread about how you are hungry and you don't know how to cook so you're going to buy your wife a smoker.

https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?t=197964

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MrGlock, I know many top a grand easy. I can't comment on them that much as I don't have one. A buddy of mine has a Masterbuilt electric smoker and doesn't have any complaints. You can buy 3 or 4 em (on sale) to spend a grand.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one has been covered several times.

Many cookshack fans here, myself included. I picked up a cook shack clone on craigslist yesterday for $150, seems to be everything the cook us back is, will know more this weekend when I use it. It is a smokintex. Price wise new it isn't much cheaper than a cook shack.

Have 2 friends with masterbuilts, both are very happy with them for the price($199 on black Friday).

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Masterbuilt 40" that I have had four years. I bought a cover and kept forgetting to use it. The last two years it has sat out in the weather and it has faded a little but it still works.

Gave $229 for it at Sams. A couple of friends had bought the smaller 30" inch Masterbuilt smokers and they liked them.

Mine has a meat probe and also a remote control. You can monitor meat temps and adjust the timer and the temperature from inside the house.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks will look into them as well. Wonder if they have a retail outlet where they make em?

No they do not. Sold only through retail outlets....unless you know somebody.

I have the smaller unit after selling my big offset wood fired that would do 1/2 a split hog.

Stainless model. It sets outside in the elements, and has for 10 years now. Three racks. Still smokin' :D

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't imagine a $1000 electric smoker working better or lasting longer than my $100 electric smoker, muh less ten times better or longer.

I just don't get it.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No they do not. Sold only through retail outlets....unless you know somebody.

I have the smaller unit after selling my big offset wood fired that would do 1/2 a split hog.

Stainless model. It sets outside in the elements, and has for 10 years now. Three racks. Still smokin' :D

Was just about to PM you about the Retail Sale. Thanks for jumping in. I appreciate everyones responses. I don't mind spending the money, but also want to see if the wife will use it, we have a garage and kitchen full of all the latest and greatest and I don't see alot of it getting used. Don't get me wrong, my wife loves to cook as it shows on me for sure. But before dropping a grand or Two Glocks on one, I might start her out on a lower end one and see if it is a fad!!!! LOL!!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a Smoke-it #2, (http://www.smokin-it.com) for about a year. A little pricey in comparison to Lowe's types, but I can not fathom what one that cost twice as much might do that would be useful to me. Use the additional $500 for meat. It is very quality built and works well. I had rather use a charcoaler to get the "bark" results I desire for chicken and turkey, but for something like a 16-18hr porkbut, it can not be beat. I did a 9 lb porkbut a while back that took 23 1/2 hours to get it to the temp I wanted before I pulled it out. Electric can not be beat for something like that. The Smok-it company seems to be responsive to any issues presented. (they seem to have very few). I am very happy with mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom