Electric Smoker Hunt??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a masterbuilt, that we bought at Sams several years ago. I didn't have any problem with it, and it ran for several years. It sat in the elements like my cookshack does now, until we put a cover over it. I think the moisture that was trapped under the cover got to the electronics. I don't cover anything now.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Cookshack sits under the roof of the back porch but it's in the elements otherwise. The nice thing about the Cookshack being insulated is the temperatures don't swing because of the weather. Mine holds temp no matter what, nice thing is you set it and forget it.

Eddie005

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the smaller cookshack, smo25, had it 4 years now and will never own anything else. It truly is a set it and forget it deal. I do briskets, pork butt, turkey's and baby back ribs in it all the time, freeze a lot of it too. It makes it too easy almost.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I use to have a cookshack and loved it. My mom was going to buy one of the Master Built last year and I told her to try my Cookshack to see if she liked it. That was about 9 months ago. I think she forgot what the word "borrowed" means. Mine has sat out in the elements since 06 without issue. Mine has the old school dial, so there isn't much that can go wrong with it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Cookshack sits under the roof of the back porch but it's in the elements otherwise. The nice thing about the Cookshack being insulated is the temperatures don't swing because of the weather. Mine holds temp no matter what, nice thing is you set it and forget it.

Same here. I bought a stationary tool cabinet at Lowes for $79 and it sets on that. One thing that the Cookshack will do is cook in a blizzard. Remember the Christmas Eve blizzard about 3 or 4 years back? Mine is on the north side of my house, it was like 30mph north wind, zero wind chill temps and I had a 3 foot snow drift on my patio Christmas morning. My SM025 had no issue holding the 15lb brisket that was in it at 225 all through that. Try that with a cheapie...

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. I bought a stationary tool cabinet at Lowes for $79 and it sets on that. One thing that the Cookshack will do is cook in a blizzard. Remember the Christmas Eve blizzard about 3 or 4 years back? Mine is on the north side of my house, it was like 30mph north wind, zero wind chill temps and I had a 3 foot snow drift on my patio Christmas morning. My SM025 had no issue holding the 15lb brisket that was in it at 225 all through that. Try that with a cheapie...
Haha!!! Same here same Christmas too! I had a brisket smoking overnight for Christmas dinner. Didn't bother it a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom